I think this is a crazy price but what do I know?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiercel

Most of my posts have been about serious repair/renovation of my 2000 Dutchmen 29.5' MH. I bought it for $2000 from my BiL who bought it new. Even at $2000 there have been times I wondered if it was a poor decision but here is one that looks like a clone for $19,900.

The $19,900 Four Winds has:
Twice the milage of my MH (43,000 vs 23,000)
At least as much delamination as mine
Has clear ceiling issues which probably means roof issues. ( my ceiling looks perfect)
It is clear from the wall panel at the corners of the window (where the anchor for the blinds pilled out) that it DOES have water issues Because I had/have the same thing.

I just think this is an insane price. I apologize if anyone here bought it. :)

Last edited:
I don’t know what the right price for this RV would be, but it is a seller’s market right now. Demand for RV’s of all kinds is at an all-time high, which is driving up prices. Today our coach is worth more than we paid for it - NINE years ago!

It’s one of the many results of all the Covid crap.

Even at $2000 there have been times I wondered if it was a poor decision but here is one that looks like a clone for $19,900.

I don’t know what the right price for this RV would be
It seemed to me that 19.9K$ was reasonable. IMO, Tiercel's for 2K$ was very big bargain.

-Don- Reno, NV

Last edited:
I don't know...:unsure:

The delamination is widespread and that's already a huge red flag. Sales guy calls it a $30K motorhome, if it wasn't for the delam and the ceiling issues inside. That price to me sounds already way too high for a small 2004 class C.

I'd say a more fair price would've been close to $10K.

Some members acted like I was fighting a lost cause.
I would throw up if I had those ceiling issues. My impression is that if you have roof issues on an RV that old that really is a lost cause.

Maybe that isn't true.

I'd say a more fair price would've been close to $10K.
If buying it used from a private party, I would agree.

But we know the dealer asked the correct price just based on the fact it sold at 19.9K$. Or I assume close to it.

But IAC, Tiercel got very big bargain with that 2K$. You won't find many deals like that.

-Don- Reno, NV

My impression is that if you have roof issues on an RV that old that really is a lost cause.
Somewhat expected, but there is a simple fix for roof leaks. My old Y2K RV has tape on the roof and now doesn't leak a drop. Recently got a good test in the rain in Ashland, OR.

Perhaps there is some wood rot up there, but I will worry about that when the roof falls off! And I do not expect that to happen anytime soon.

-Don- Reno, NV

I bought one roll of Eternabond for emergencies. I used a couple of pieces when I replaced the one roof mount for my ladder. I wanted one piece under the mount to protect from the head of the screw and one piece on top to seal. I gooped on some Dynaflex Ultra calk until I get some Dicore self-leveling.

Using just a couple 4x5" patches I was not impressed with its stickiness even though I scrubbed the area first and used a round cylinder to roll it down to get a good seal.

That guy ripped someone off if he got that price. Delamination is not just a cosmetic issue and I do not believe that it has not changed in several years. As for your 2000 Dutchman, current NADA lists it for $8,000 average retail and $6,700 low retail. That of course also assumes that it is in reasonably good condition.

Covid has changed everything, I paid just over $20,000 for my 2002 Safari Trek 5 years ago from a private seller (asking was $25,000), that was with the seller having put nearly $10,000 in parts not counting labor into it in the preceding 2 years (400 watts of solar, 2,000 watt pure sine wave inverter, $2,500 in suspension upgrades (track bar, bell cranks, Safe-T plus, etc.), new tires, batteries, carpet, Dometic fridge, seating, ...). In the last year I have seen at least 4 Safari Treks of the same 2001-2002 8.1L P32 chassis style and floor plan sell for between $28,000 - $37,000, none of which were as nice and as well updated as mine.

If you think it’s overpriced, walk away. IMO, it is.
Just like buying a house, Learn to walk away, there’s a house on every street.
Purchase what you want, if you are comfortable with the price.

I at no point considered buying it or any other MH. I have all I want. My only point was only to discuss MH values.

Trust me, I have no problem driving a hard bargain or walking away. My wife won’t even go with to buy a car because I stress and embarrass her. 😊

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom