I want a Barth!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottydl

Site Team
Holy cow, I just discovered Barth MH's.  They are absolutely beautiful IMO... the 80's models (just what I am shopping for) look like they were totally ahead of their time in design.  They don't have that weird "Dusbuster" front-end that seemed so prevalent then.  The Barth's I've seen thus far resemble bus conversions, but seem to be priced much less.  Anyone here have any experience with them?  Is finding parts & maintenance an issue, given that it's a custom coach company?  Any comments appreciated -

P.S. Yes I have also discovered www.barthmobile.com but haven't had time to navigate the forum there yet... I'm sure I will learn much more when I have some time to browse over there.

Ann and Jim Dorough have a Barth - don't know vintage.  They're about to retire and were interested in selling  it once they got their house built.

I'll see if I can whisle them up.

Barths always were quite elegant and advanced for their time. Unfortunately, Barth went belly up, not once but twice. Barth parts and service ( on the unique parts, anyway) can be iffy, but the engine, tranny, RV appliances, etc. are common components and can be serviced most anywhere.

joelmyer said:
Ann and Jim Dorough have a Barth - don't know vintage.  They're about to retire and were interested in selling  it once they got their house built.

I'll see if I can whisle them up.

That would be great... I saw a old post from Ann about possibly selling it, but that was over a year ago.  Glad to hear it's still available...

RV Roamer said:
Barth parts and service ( on the unique parts, anyway) can be iffy, but the engine, tranny, RV appliances, etc. are common components and can be serviced most anywhere.

That's what I was thinking/hoping.  With the era (1980's) of motorhome that I'm shopping for, I figure just about ANY model will be outdated as far as body parts go.  The main guts are all I'm worried about, and as you said Barths are built just like any other MH.

A Barth is a very good choice.  Our coach is a 1993 and still going great.  It is time for us to settle down or we wouldn't sell it.  As far as getting parts for it, it is easier than you think.  Barth used ordinary every day parts and not special RV parts.  The windshield is a good example.  It is the same windshield used in a 93 GMC truck.  We replaced the left side this summer for $295 installed.  The headlights are from a 93 Cadillac.

If you wish to see pictures of our coach, go to www.annedorough.net.

Anne & Jim
Tucson, AZ

84 days and counting until retirement.....

We get a Barth in occasionally on trade.  One of my partners told me if his had had a bigger engine he never would have sold it.  The few I have seen were very impressive.  Harneys and Foretravels are 2 other examples. 

Good luck in your search!

Anne, thanks for responding!  Your '93 Breakaway is absolutely stunning, although way above my price range unfortunately.  :( ;)  I'm more in the market for a mid-80s Regal I think, seems to be the best combination of age, value, and that Barth look/design that I haven't seen in any other motorhome brand.  See attached photos of a couple examples from barthmobile.com.

If anyone finds any Barths for sale, please drop me a PM or e-mail... at this point I'm interested in learning as much about the brand (and seeing what's available out there) as possible.  Thanks!

Attachments

• 85regal.jpg
    85regal.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 86regal.jpg
    86regal.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 53
If you will send me a private email, I'll share the address for the secretary of the Barth Rangers.  There may be some rigs advertised in the newsletter.

Anne

When I saw the first pictures of both Barths - the 80's & 90's - my first thought was kind of boxy, old-fashioned looking. Looking closer, I can see why some folks hunt them down. Looks like a quality coach! Never heard of them before ... but I understand why Scotty has suddenly gotten Barth fever!

Anne Dorough said:
Have you checked RVSEARCH.  They have a 1986 32ft Barth for sale.

Thanks Ann!  No I had not seen that one, so the tip is much appreciated... I'll e-mail the seller.  There was a Regal I was very interested in on RVtraderonline.com (and was only a couple hours from me) but it sold before I had a chance to go look at it.  :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom