I want your opinions on this eBay Diesel puller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will

I really want a Diesel RV and cant afford a nice pusher, so I want your opinions on this:

eBay listing

yes?  no? 

I'm thinking of getting this and selling the Class C

DON'T BID ON IT!  ITS MINE!

Tiffin (Allegro)  has the rep of standing behind their product better than anyone else.? ?I've been to the plant and they were working on very old units.? ?Owners were paying for repairs but read the blogs about Tiffin.? ?They have the best reputation about helping owners.? Their word for owner is family.? I don't own a Tiffin product but hope to in the future.? I've been deserted by one of the Big Boys while still under warrentee.  That said, I know nothing about the unit in question!? Just my 2 cents worth.
Joe

I am really REALLY tempted to hit the "buy it now" button, and the auction only has less than 2 days left.  I wonder why the bids are so low on this rig.  I know that most people don't want a diesel puller, but I am fine with that.  I just want a diesel, don't care where they put it.  It would be really cool to have a rig running on biodiesel that has the oomph to pull my TDI VW or a small horse trailer.

If there is any reason I should avoid this, I need to know now.

NADA says that "Buy it now" price is retail.  You do understand that it will require more $ to make it yours and even running.
Joe

According to the listing it runs.  I am familiar with Cummins engines and that generation is almost bulletproof.  The guy mentions that there is little blow-by, meaning he isn't ignorant to diesels either.  My current RV is just as old and didn't need much to get it in good shape.

I sent him an email with some specific questions.  If I can get a diesel at this price range, I don't know why I'm putting up with this tiny class C.

Well, I see it sold for $10,400.  Were you the winner?

I didn't see this post earlier -- what was the "buy it now" price?

No, I wasn't the winner.  The "Buy it now" was $8,500.  I wanted it sooo bad, but it was risky.  The seller simply stated that he didn't know how to work the appliances, and couldnt tell me wether the genset, refrigerator, or AC unit worked.  I offered to walk him through it over the phone but he said he didn't want to break anything so I could have been buying an RV with the most expensive bits broken.  I didn't have cash on hand so I would have had to pay with the Credit card, and then have my RV sold by the time the bill came in.  My RV isn't quite ready for market so I would have to get its issues fixed, including a wiring problem under the dash that requires me to pull a fuze to shut down the engine.

It was probably one of the best chances I'll have at getting a diesel RV, but at the same time it could have sunk me deep into a hole.

Will said:
No, I wasn't the winner.? The "Buy it now" was $8,500.? I wanted it sooo bad, but it was risky.? The seller simply stated that he didn't know how to work the appliances, and couldnt tell me wether the genset, refrigerator, or AC unit worked...

That seemed awful suspicious to me.? He could have found someone to check them out for far less money than the additional money he would have made on the sale without having to make that kind of statement.

"Opportunity knocks, but once."  :-\

Well, that's what they used to say, back when I was a kid and Lincoln was President.  ;D  ;D

That's one of those "old sayings" that simply isn't true - or doesn't matter. In my life, I have found that a new opportunity knocks every day, and you can't take advantage of all of them. So, that was someone else's opportunity. Keep your eyes open. A better deal will come along, when you are ready for it. No hurry.

Good hunting!

Ray D

Will,

That appeared to be a front end diesel. It would have been noisy! Even Allegro's new FRED, a front end diesel, is noisy. It also doesn't have any power compared to diesel pushers. Very sluggish.

It was a diesel puller, and it wouldn't have been quiet.  I don't mind the noise though.  I make biodiesel, which has the nice affect of quieting larger diesel engines, not whisper quiet but more of a rumble than a rattle.  It also would have been more powerful than the Toyota V6 in my Americana.  Diesel pushers are prohibitively expensive, even the old ones, pushing them beyond my budget.  Diesel pullers are noisy, but not really a problem for me.

Basically, it was what I was looking for in my next RV, and what I'll be looking for in the future.  I'm not saying this was the only one for me, but I want one like it.

Will,

Well, it fooled me. I didn't see any access to the engine in the rear so thought it was a front diesel. Good luck in your search.

??? I thought a puller was a diesel up front, pulling the RV and a pusher was the engine in back pushing the RV?

Will said:
??? I thought a puller was a diesel up front, pulling the RV and a pusher was the engine in back pushing the RV?

Yes it is Will. I think Jim mis-read your prior message.

Will,

Tom is correct. The print on the screen is fairly small and I read pusher instead of puller. I need to redo the screen size so my eyes can see the print. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom