I Wonder If This Guy Has Found A Park That Will Take Him

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretty sure this was the one I saw at Hi Jolly BLM north of Quartzsite in February. The row of small windows along the top was the same, and it was solid gray like the YouTube link preview showed.

Somewhere in this country is a slightly similar RV I saw back in 2020 in Florida. They had a regular 5th wheel, but it was towed by a full-sized semi-truck. However, the interesting thing was that this guy carried around a beautifully restored antique tractor on their travels. The semi-truck had a very long bed before the hookup for the 5th wheel, and he had built a platform for the tractor right behind the cab. (It might have had a sleeping cab on it at one time.) I should have taken some photos, but didn't.

What they have invested in the rig isn't bad considering a new custom-built 5th wheel trailer is well over $100K. It took purpose and drive to accomplish that conversion.
For instance the Spacecraft 53' conversion starts out at $350,000.

Last edited:
It's a... Super-Duper C!

Or maybe it's a Super 5'er...

If they ever need to stop in at the grocery store, it's probably easiest to park at the loading dock. Haha!

They did a nice job...something like that took a LOT of work and commitment.

At least they know how it's built, the rest of us just have to hope☹️

Pretty sure this was the one I saw at Hi Jolly BLM north of Quartzsite in February. The row of small windows along the top was the same, and it was solid gray like the YouTube link preview showed.
I was going to say that the pic of them seated outside with all their friends looks like it might have been taken in Quartzsite.

Somewhere in this country is a slightly similar RV I saw back in 2020 in Florida. They had a regular 5th wheel, but it was towed by a full-sized semi-truck. However, the interesting thing was that this guy carried around a beautifully restored antique tractor on their travels. The semi-truck had a very long bed before the hookup for the 5th wheel, and he had built a platform for the tractor right behind the cab. (It might have had a sleeping cab on it at one time.) I should have taken some photos, but didn't.
I think I seen the one you were referring to in NM last year. It stayed a few days in the park I live in. Loved the tractor. I have a "parade quality" Ford 8N sitting in storage in NC. We sold off the working Ford 8N and the working Massey-Harris tractors back in 2004. The 8N I have now was my Dad's tractor. I remember tilling the garden with it when I was 7yo. I was too small to push the clutch in so I sat on my Dad's lap, steering and shifting, while he worked the clutch and brake. I was so happy when I was finally tall enough to be able to drive the tractor all by myself.

I think I seen the one you were referring to in NM last year. It stayed a few days in the park I live in. Loved the tractor. I have a "parade quality" Ford 8N sitting in storage in NC. We sold off the working Ford 8N and the working Massey-Harris tractors back in 2004. The 8N I have now was my Dad's tractor. I remember tilling the garden with it when I was 7yo. I was too small to push the clutch in so I sat on my Dad's lap, steering and shifting, while he worked the clutch and brake. I was so happy when I was finally tall enough to be able to drive the tractor all by myself.
You got to give us some pictures.

Back
Top Bottom