Iced Tea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My only departure with ice tea is what you often get at restaurants is like sex in a canoe but they still charge $4 or whatever for it. So sometimes I'll order hot tea and a glass of ice and roll my own, which is sometimes cheaper and almost always better than what they offer.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

I cannot stand iced tea. It's almost as bad as cold coffee, IMO.

-Don- Reno, NV

I mean, if you don't like it, I doubt your mind will change! I love iced tea - and I do it without sweetener whenever I can, because I don't need the calories. Straight up.

Iced coffee is also one of my fixes in the summer. Coffee, ice, and a little bit of 2%. No added sugar, the milk has enough. It's just perfect! Actual cold brew coffee is awesome too, but most places charge an arm/leg for it. What I do is fill a big cup all the way to the top with ice. Pour over regular hot brew coffee to half way as it melts a bunch of ice. Add more ice and leave some room, then pour over the milk.

When we first came to the US (from the UK), I couldn't understand what ice(d) tea was. We grew up understanding that tea couldn't be made at a temperature lower than 212F/100C. I've since become partial to iced tea.

We just pour hot tap water over the tea bags, inside a jug, then set it out in the sun for a few hours… It tastes great to me, and no heat on a stove or appliance….
Butch

My parents got rave reviews for their tea by combining Lipton and Luzianne. Liptons is a little bitter but Luzianne is too mild for southerners. My MS mother-in-law adds sugar to boiling water until no more can dissolve, then adds Karo syrup to make it a little sweeter, then a little black strap molasses for flavor, then adds twice as many Lipton tea bags as northerners would use. That makes a drink you won't forget until you finally go to sleep 48 hours later.

When we first came to the US (from the UK), I couldn't understand what ice(d) tea was. We grew up understanding that tea couldn't be made at a temperature lower than 212F/100C. I've since become partial to iced tea.
I spent a lot of time in Birmingham (Great Britain or UK but never say England) and was surprised the vast majority drink coffee at tea time at 4pm. Of course the company I was consulting with all drank at least a pint of 12% beer with bitters at lunch and needed to sober up before they drove home :)

I spent a lot of time in Birmingham (Great Britain or UK but never say England) and was surprised the vast majority drink coffee at tea time at 4pm. Of course the company I was consulting with all drank at least a pint of 12% beer with bitters at lunch and needed to sober up before they drove home :)
Where's Birmingham, UK/England?

Where's Birmingham, UK/England?
While there everyone corrected me every time I used the word "England" usually to say "Britain" instead. I took that to mean "England" is no longer politically correct terminology to describe all the countries included in the United Kingdom. As far as I know maybe only in the Birmingham area.

While there everyone corrected me every time I used the word "England" usually to say "Britain" instead. I took that to mean "England" is no longer politically correct terminology to describe all the countries included in the United Kingdom. As far as I know maybe only in the Birmingham area.
I've never known 'England' to describe all 4 countries. The collection was sometimes called Great Britain, but more correctly GB doesn't include Northern Ireland, and 'the United Kingdom' is correct.

My "Where's Birmingham, UK/England?" was a poor attempt at Welsh humor. Birmingham, England and Birmingham, UK would both be correct, although the former would more likely to be used. .

Some US humor... I rented a car in Boston, MA once and needed to drive to New Hampshire. I asked if there was any issue taking the rental car across potentially several state lines. The guy told me "Nah, take the cah anywhere in New England, you'll be foine." Ok, then..

Being from the coastal Upper Left, I didn't realize people in the Northeast still referred to "New England" to describe the modern collection of several states which covered colonial territory. Now I know. It encompasses Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, Connecticut.

Back
Top Bottom