Idaho

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clay L

We have not visited Idaho yet and think we might like to spend the summer there. The few places I have checked had prices that are similar to the NE - $1200 per season, $400 or more per month.

During our winter stays in AZ and South TX we pay $140 and $160 per month respectively. Electricity is extra in both cases.

Are there any RV parks in Idaho with similar pricing or at least in the $230 or $250 per month range?

Clay,

Where do you stay in AZ for $140/month?  Is this for full hookups?  We've found prices to vary from a low of $200 (Yuma foothills) to over $500.  And most are plus electricity.

Check out:

http://www.rvidaho.org/

Everything I know about is in there.

Idaho has alpine mountains to broad valley plateaus. We have medium sized cities to small mountain bergs/settlements and excellent boondocking to expensive mountain resorts. You need to know what kind of "camping" you are interested in.

That said, if you find somewhere central, everything else is within a days drive.

Ray D  ;D

Clay,
The short northern camping season mitigates against the kind of rates you are looking for. Rarely are the parks full except in late July and August.  You can probably find less expensive places, but don't expect the facilities of the AZ snowbird parks.

Typical daily rates in nice, privately owned parks will be $30-$35 and a monthly rate can be expected to be 40-50% of that, which translates to $375-$450/month. You might be able to get electric included for that rate, though. Seasonal rates almost never include electric.

Clay:

Gary jarred my mind and I went back and re-read your post. Hadn't paid attention to the price range. I am not the most experienced camper around, here, even in my home state. That said, I don't know of any place that the rates are $230 to $250 per month.

The least expensive I know about are the Idaho State RV Parks. Their rates last year were in the $20 to $25 per day. No monthly rates that I saw. We are senior citizens, qualified for senior citizen discounts of 50% in State Parks, last year. So, our costs were $10 to $11 per day which included electricity. I'd guess we used enough electric for air conditioning, to call the camping "free."

Even $10 per day figures out to more per month than your range. And, that's if you qualify for the senior discount and if they do that again, this year, and if they don't limit a stay to something substantially less than a month.

Idaho is a great place to visit. Hope you find something you like.

Ray D  ;D

Az for that money  heck here in the winter it's from 400 to 600.

Ned said:
Clay,

Where do you stay in AZ for $140/month?  Is this for full hookups?  We've found prices to vary from a low of $200 (Yuma foothills) to over $500.  And most are plus electricity.

We stay in Bouse. It's near Parker and Quartzite. It's for full hookups but electricity is extra.
It's a very small town and a little isolated - 20 some odd miles to Parker for groceries and about the same to Quartzite. Not everyone's cup of tea but it's quiet and we like it.

Ray D said:
Check out:

http://www.rvidaho.org/

Everything I know about is in there.

Idaho has alpine mountains to broad valley plateaus. We have medium sized cities to small mountain bergs/settlements and excellent boondocking to expensive mountain resorts. You need to know what kind of "camping" you are interested in.

That said, if you find somewhere central, everything else is within a days drive.

Ray D  ;D

I have that site bookmarked and I checked a few parks there. As someone mentioned, the season is short and CA is close but I am hoping someone knows about an out of the way place that is less expensive - maybe one of those little bergs you mentioned. If not we will rethink our plans.
That's okay though, we do that a lot.  :)

Clay,

Yes, Bouse is a bit out of the way.  Most folks can't stand being more than 15 minutes from a Walmart Supercenter (or the Safeway across the street from us) :)

Been to Bouse and I doubt if I could get my driver to even stop there let along park even for one night.  They use to have a pretty good resturant a couple years ago.

Boise might be urban Idaho but if you want beauty you'll want to head either north into the panhandle or east past Idaho Falls.  JMHO Sorry I don't have information on rates.  My sister lives in Rigby and when they built a house, I nagged my brother-in-law into putting in a motorhome hookup... ;)  It's nice there in the summer with warm days, cool nights and exciting lightening shows....

No, as far as I know southeastern Idaho is tornado free.  The only effect of their frequent lightening storms is that my sister and I have to bail out of the hottub!!  Lots of mosquitos over there in the summer, though, with all of the irrigation ditches carrying water diverted from the Snake River.

Back
Top Bottom