If we can get to space we can power an RV AC via car…

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BTW - putting that many batteries in parallel would not work. It would requite a very exact series-parallel wiring. You would need to pay an expert to do the wiring. The wires would be as big as your thumb, and that is just the copper. With insulation the wires would be really big, not to mention very pricey.
I didn't see the FB stuff, how many batteries were they trying to parallel ?

OMG, I found the link and viewed the site.. absolutely horrific, I can't publish my thoughts on here as it would violate the site TOS ! this is what education is supposed to help avoid. that site will give me nightmares for a week, I need to go watch a Disney movie to get those images out of my mind..

The air conditioner in our Tesla is around 7000 BTU. You can run it for 3 days on the battery no problem. Should be easy to put a 3000 watt array on the roof of a Motorhome. Too easy.

Does anyone know how many volts/amps the electric motor powered A/C compressor draws in a Tesla?

I read that it uses 200-280VDC. It has an internal inverter that changes the DC to three phase AC to spin the electric motor that powers the compressor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom