If you were a windshield washer bottle in a 1993 P30, what would you look like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thesameguy

Previous owner did some cheap workarounds for various things which I've been addressing, and one of those things is removing the windshield washer bottle and pump for who knows what reason... I can see where it went, but I don't know what it looked like or where to find a replacement. I'm curious if someone might have a picture or could offer a description or part number before I have to invent something. :)

Might be tough to find.  If you have room under the hood, literally anything you buy with a pump should work, they all have the same 2 wire basic operation.  I'd head over to fleabay personally. Good luck, hopefully the squirters are decent condition.  You also might check the wires for power when activated, hard telling why the previous owner pulled it out, I'd guess a leak or bad pump. 

There are a variety of universal windshield washer pumps with reservoirs on amazon for $20-$30, pick one that will fit in your allowed space and wire it up.

One thign I will never understatand... One of the most standard thigns in the world is the 1 gallon windshield washer jug, Oh a kow there are a couple of odd balls but most all of them are identical

So why not make a holder that holds one standard gallon jug.
then a "Cap" with a pass through siphon hose to the pump.
When ti's empty pull it out drop in the new one shove the hose through the seal and cap it.

If it springs a leak, pull it out drop in a new  Wait did I not just type that?

No matter what happens to the bottle Pull it out.....

The Same Guy,

Funny you ask. I just about finished my modification to my washer jug. It is on a 2001 P32. About a month ago I bumped it with my elbow and the bottle shattered. Not happy with any washer bottle on any vehicle I have owned, I found a perfect replacment for about $3 and it came with some yummy treats. I just went out and took this photo. I never looked for a factory or after market bottle but the one that was there looked pretty much like the coolant bottle to the right of it but a little bigger. Hopefully you can see the coolant bottle. It probably is similar to yours.

My design works well. It has a nice wide cap for easy filling and the bottle is clear so you can see how much slime and dirt is in there and the large cap is great for cleaning. There was a complete layer of slime on the inlet screen before this mod. I used the end of a glass cleaner spray head for the vent which is hidden from the picture on the right side to the back.

It has gotten great reviews from folks who have seen it but most importantly it works. I am not completely finished. I am putting together an upper strap to hold it in place for the long haul. I also replaced the hoses out to the wiper arms as they were all dried out and shrunk. I had to repair one of the nozzles out on the wiper arm which had split in half but was all there.

The best part is that you can see the bottle graphics thru the front grille and the cookies were really good. I doubt a GM replacment would come with cookies.

No idea what the part number of a factory replacment would be. Never looked and wasn't interested.

I could probably dig up the wally world upc if you need it.

Attachments

• DSC_0528_2.JPG
    DSC_0528_2.JPG
    252.1 KB · Views: 35
I always keep a bundle of those wire ties onboard.

Another element of mounting that cannot be seen is the GE silicone on the back of the bottle which is flat and pressed up to the original mounting plate nice and snuggly like a good bear and is bonded quite well. I have traveled couple hundred miles as is and it isn't moving. I may take those wire ties off once I put the upper strap around the bears neck. That strap should be enough.

I did have an upper strap on it but it was not thermally safe and I was a little concerned about it heating up so I took it off untill I make my new one out of metal.

Oh and John, I had thought about using a one gallon washer jug but decided that I wanted something clear and a nice big cap for easy filling and cleaning.

Thanks all for your thought - especially that cookie bear! That is *definitely* something worth considering!

On my P30, the spot that I'm sure the bottle is supposed to be is oddly shaped, and any other place I'd put it would be inconvenient or obstruct something (likely the radiator...). I'm not sure how to get 1 gallon capacity in the space allotted, and I hate the idea of having to carry around a half-full jig to refill at the worst possible time. OTOH, in the six years I've had the motorhome, I've not once missed the washers so I may be overthinking this. I suppose I'll cruise google images for a while as I figure out where the wiring for the pump is... that should be a treat.

Back
Top Bottom