If You're Headed to Grand Teton-BEWARE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We just left the park after being there for a week. It took us a month of getting our days in a row, and once we had all our days there they put us in one spot for the week without having to move. We stayed in the Headwaters campground so we could visit both parks.,
The Tetons and Yellowstone didn't seem that busy, we were able to see the whole park with little crowds at our destinations, and we went from one end of the parks to the other.
Jackson hole was very busy, and crowded, but not that bad that I wouldn't go there. Everyone was wearing masks, and just enjoying themselves while being respectful.

It was a great time, but we left just hours before the cold front and snow came in. We also just made it to Salt Lake just to be rushed out because of the massive winds they are having for the next two days.

ClickHill said:
We just left the park after being there for a week. It took us a month of getting our days in a row, and once we had all our days there they put us in one spot for the week without having to move. We stayed in the Headwaters campground so we could visit both parks.,
The Tetons and Yellowstone didn't seem that busy, we were able to see the whole park with little crowds at our destinations, and we went from one end of the parks to the other.
Jackson hole was very busy, and crowded, but not that bad that I wouldn't go there. Everyone was wearing masks, and just enjoying themselves while being respectful.

It was a great time, but we left just hours before the cold front and snow came in. We also just made it to Salt Lake just to be rushed out because of the massive winds they are having for the next two days.

Safe travels!  Wind, for sure.  Hopefully you went south, I-15, yesterday.  The storm started here after midnight, early this morning.  Wind gusts over 50 and  I-80 across WY is closed today. 

Safe travels! Wind, for sure. Hopefully you went south, I-15, yesterday. The storm started here after midnight, early this morning. Wind gusts over 50 and I-80 across WY is closed today.
We are headed to the Tetons tomorrow.........Planning on staying at Colter Bay or Gros Venture........Kayaks, Motorcycle, Bicycles and our grown daughter staying in the trailer to keep the bears at bay.

We are headed to the Tetons tomorrow.........Planning on staying at Colter Bay or Gros Venture........Kayaks, Motorcycle, Bicycles and our grown daughter staying in the trailer to keep the bears at bay.
You now need reservations at both of those so you had best go online and check first. Else you will need to find a forest campground. Good luck.

Henry's Lake North of Island Park?
I boondocked right south of the lake in July, 17 miles from West Yellowstone and south of the Tetons, 25 miles.
If you are looking for Boondocking let us know.

It’s pretty insane! Last summer, when some of the Covid travel restrictions were lifted, a Wyoming news report stated that 50, 000 tourists per day were passing through Jackson.

This much I can report, there appears to be more rv’s on our local roadways than local traffic......and we’re no where close (too close) to Jackson! Ready to see winter with some high winds, snow, and -20’s to bring back some sanity! memtb

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom