I'm a newbie. And i ripped the side of the RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is a serious OUCH!

IS it safe to cover it with sheet metal.. Provided its thick enough and you make sure the plumbing is shielded from road crud... I'd say yes.. but it might be better (And less expensive long term) to have it fixed properly
Here is how the fix/patch came out. Matching paint on the way.

Attachments

• 20211205_121801.jpg
    20211205_121801.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 27
The big question is how many people were watching? Have you seen the movie RV where the family went to dump the tanks and all the campers were lined up sitting in camp chairs?

Well, I was in NY state and had pulled forward into a camp site that was just grassy--no pavement or gravel to mark my site. And this was when my rig was only a couple of years old. Anyway, somehow a huge tree jumped behind my rig when I was backing out to head to the dump station. This tree was at least 2' in diameter, but somehow it moved and got in my way. And I did it at the dinner hour when there were maybe 5-6 families watching. Bent my bike rack, but bike was not damaged. A few days later, a kind French Canadian used his jack between my bumper and bike rack to straighten it out.

I was smarter when I backed into a telephone pole in an empty parking lot and another time when I hit a pole marking the campsite number after dark. (Telephone pole was not damaged, but bike wheel was bent. And since the ground was muddy and soft in the campground, I was able to push the marker pole back into place.) No witnesses to either event!!
Still waiting for my first long trip, but the sheet metal patch worked.

I agree it looks good.

I'm reminded of one day at a Love's truck stop
I'm chatting with the repair guy and a trailer owner. He used a converter kit (poorly designed) to turn his 5'er into a gooseneck and when he spiked the brakes he pretzeled the pin box (hitch)

While chatting we watch what appears to be a new cedar creek 5'er (I think I saw a sticker in the window) turn a bit too turn and rip one side of the rear cap off.. Did he stop NO... Just kept on going with the end cap a flapping.... (I was in my car at the time) Fun day at the truck stop.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom