I'm back!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BernerGran

Dear Wonderful RV Friends,

After being away since last March due to a life-threatening illness and too much on my plate, I think I have time to re-join the wonderful discussions here.

Since many here don't know me, I am a happily married lady of nearly 35 years, mother of 2 and mother-in-law of 2, and the best grammy of 1 and 1 on the way! Not bad huh?

My hub and I are retired, own a 34.5 foot National Seabreeze Diesel RV. Other than our kids, we are also owned by 2 Bernese Mountain Dogs, Ty who is 7 1/2 and Scotty who is 15 mos.

Since we just retired at the end of 2005, we decided to spend the summer in Silverton, CO. My hub is an amateur photographer, and is employed for the summer at the Old Tyme Photography Shop taking vintage photographs of folks. He is having a blast, and his salary more than covers our campground fees and extras. After counting the other day, it seems we will spend about 5 mo on the road this year, between Silverton, dog shows, the Grand Canyon, and other dog events. I love the lifestyle, since we've been rving since 1972. Only problem is, I miss my kids, who live about 3 miles from us, and I really miss my grandson. My husband wants to go to Florida this winter, but I'm not sure I can leave my pregnant daughter. She has a high-risk pregnancy again, and I just think I need to be there. We shall see!?

We always have wanted to travel after retiring. Not full-time but when we wanted to. While my husband works, I spend time in the rig beading, stitching, reading, watching the tube, surfing, and sleeping. Tough life, huh? I have an excuse - I have severe Rheumatoid Arthritis, so working isn't a good option. We wanted to travel as we were able while I am still strong enough to cope with the efforts involved in traveling. So far, so good.

So, thnaks for listening. I'm glad to be back. We have a rather iffy WiFi connection at the moment, so if you don't hear from me for a couple of days, its because it has gone out, and the man who takes care of it is away for a couple of days.

Best, BernerGran

Welcome back, BernerGran.  Glad to hear things are going so well for you.

Welcome back BernerGran. Sorry to hear about your illness, but so glad to hear you're well and glad to see you here again.

BernerGran,

Welcome back to the Forum and glad to hear things are better.  We'll be looking forward to your continued participation :)

Thanks all for your kind welcomes.

It is a beautifull evening here in Silverton, CO, temp about 56, partly cloudy after a day of rain. Here at 9310 ft. alt. it is indeed lovely, especially when it is so hot all around the country.

BernerGran

Welcome back BernerGran,

We're almost neighbors....we're down the hill and around the corner in Cortez. Did those lovely rainstorms hit you yesterday? We actually decided our $10 a year flood insurance was worth the cost....lucky our lot is up a tiny hill. The Old Tyme Photo job sounds like a lot of fun.

Enjoy southwest Colorado....it's a great place to live and/or visit.

Hi Wendy,

I knew you were in Cortez. Very neat.

Rain, nah, what rain? It seems like it has rained every day, sometimes very hard, others just a bit. I feel sorry for the trains with the weather.

We live in Albuquerque and come up here just about every year for a bit, so we are epretty used to this neck of the woods. Silverton is a neat little burg.

Thanks for the note.

Sincerely, BernerGran

Back
Top Bottom