I'm scared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taezow

Thursday we pick up our new to us MH, and I am a nervous wreck.
We have a little Toyota MH, 16 mpg, that works OK but sleeping above the cab just doesn't get it.
We had the thought ?we need something a little bigger? and next thing I know we buy a 35 ft class A, with a monster 460 motor. It is like a small condo. It has a 7000 W generator which is bigger than the one I used to use in my construction business.
At first I wanted a TT but my small truck wouldn't handle a nice 24 ft. When I figured the cost of different truck and a TT, the class c made sense. Once the class C made sense moving to a class A was a no brainier. They are cheaper, used, and have more room and better view. It is just the two of us and we don?t all the beds.
So this is my story. ?Took the wife to look at a 24 ft trailers and ended up with a 35 class A?
No, I don?t think we made a mistake. I?m just suffering from the buyer?s remorse thing.
This only a test, to see if we like the life style.  $14,500 for a good 92 35v pace arrow with 30,000 miles, is not a big risk. Worst that would happen is would be to loose a few thousand. It?s not like we are selling our house, or even renting it out.
Ok I feel better now.
Thanks for listening.
I?m sure I?m not the first one to feel mild panic.

Will

Hey, don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I'm the same way with any purchase over 50 bucks.  ;D  I bought a new laptop a few days ago and still haven't taken it out of the box because I'm still not sure if it is the right one.

Hi Will, congratulations on the Pace. Buyer's remorse is natural, but just think of all the fun you're going to have in the coach.

Three years ago I bought a 33 foot 93 Pace Arrow, I kinda felt the same way you do now. Just enjoy it and remember, you coulda paid $135,000 new.

Woody

Just get your butt out  on the road and enjoy the Pace  We have a Pace and really the only thing wrong with it, is we don't use it enough

Go enjoy the Pace - the remorse will disappear within a few minutes. Sounds as though you made an excellent buy at $14,500 for a nice clean, low mileage rig.

Check the dates on the tires, though. If you haven't already read it here, please be aware that any tire aged 7 years or more is a time bomb, waiting to literally disintegrate at any moment.  Don't rely on visual condition, even if dismounted and viewed inside and out. Look at the DOT date stamped on the sidewall and replace any at or approaching 7 years of age. That way you won't have your outing marred by a blowout - or two or three - on the highway or out in the boondocks somewhere.

Tire Date Codes

Taezow said:
No, I don?t think we made a mistake. I?m just suffering from the buyer?s remorse thing.
This only a test, to see if we like the life style.? $14,500 for a good 92 35v pace arrow with 30,000 miles, is not a big risk.

You did a smart thing.  You picked up a nice used model to "test the waters" and see if a large RV fits your lifestyle.  A lot of people sign on the dotted line for $100K because they absolutely have to have everything brand new and top of the line......only to discover they either don't like RV'ing or just don't have time to use the rig.

Your buyers remorse will disappear the first time you go boondocking and step outside in the morning to have coffee and see a beautiful 12 point buck standing 30' away grazing.  He's upwind of you, and you move slowly.  Within 2 minutes, he disregards you and goes back to grazing, and you get to enjoy nature at it's finest. 

Your buyers remorse will disappear after you sit outside around the campfire with your family.  It will also disappear when it starts raining like mad the next day and everybody in tents is getting soaked, and you make a pot of coffee and grab a good book.

$14,500 is less than a decent used car costs these days.  Ya did good.  Enjoy the Class A.  :)

Howdy, Will.

When we bought our first motorhome, ordered new from the factory, our son thought that we were nuts and told us so and also said that we could have bought  2 houses for that price. <grin> But we have not regretted our decision. Now we fulltime in a Blue Bird Wanderlodge and we're cool with that.  I liked what Frizlefrak wrote to you about buyers remorse disappearing , etc. Yup. Good luck with your Pace. Hope to put the i-ball on you at a rally.

Regards,
Jack and Liz

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom