IMAC incompatibility with adobe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garyb1st

I recently upgraded to Snow Leopard on my IMAC with OSX 10.6.8.  Every time I try to download a program that requires Flash, I'm asked to update my Adobe Software.  I have done this at least a half dozen times to no avail.  A friend mentioned that there is an incompatibility issue with the MAC.  This only happens with Safari.  If I want to watch a video or down load a program that requires Adobe, I have to use my Chrome browser.  My concern is that when Chrome updates to the new Adobe Software, I'll have the same problem.  If that happens, I'll be in trouble.  Don't want to buy a new computer although this one is about 5 or 6 years old.  I may have to do that.  Any of you MAC users have this problem and if so, how  have you addressed it? 

I have Snow Leopard on my 2009-vintage iMac, and no problems with Flash. Wonder if it is a particular feature or year of iMac or some software you are running? Have you checked Apple's support site?

Try removing the flash software and then reboot.  Then install a fresh version.  I have seen several intermittent issues with flash on Windows based computers in regards to updates with Internet Explorer and the sequence of removal, reboot, and fresh install has corrected the problem.

I've uninstalled flash, rebooted and then installed whatever version is recommended by adobe.  Still I can't get it to work.  Others have had success doing that but it hasn't worked for me.  What version of flash are you using? 

I would have to look up the exact command, but with IE there is a reset switch to put the browser to default settings.  I wonder if the issue is with Safari rather than the player since the flash built into Chrome seems to work.  Is there a reset to default setting for Safari?

Only default key I could find was with respect to keyboard commands.  I've thought of changing to an older version of Safari.  Do you think that might help?  Otherwise I'll probably pick up a more recent OS and hope that will solve the problem.   

Ned, I finally got back to my Flash problem.  One of the suggestions worked.  At least I think it has.  All the youtube videos I've played since I made an change have worked. Thank you so much for the link.

Gary 

PS.  For anyone experiencing the problem, all I did was go into Safari Preferences, Security and Enable Plug-ins. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom