indicators working but hazard lights don't on Damon Daybreak 95

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frances.de.koumba

Hello, i noticed the other day that my hazard lights are not working but indicators are. I read that it might be a faulty flasher. I'm having troubles locating it though. Does anyone know where to find it? Below is the fuse box from under the hood. Thanks everybody.

Hello, i noticed the other day that my hazard lights are not working but indicators are. I read that it might be a faulty flasher. I'm having troubles locating it though. Does anyone know where to find it? Below is the fuse box from under the hood. Thanks everybody.

GM P-30 chassis? The flasher for your directional indicators is near the steering column. There's supposed to be another fuse block down there that contains the flasher for the hazards. You mentioned you're looking at a fuse block under the hood; the one with the hazard flasher is inside the rig, ahead of your left knee under the dash (assuming left-hand-drive driving position)

Flasher units look similar to this - the top is about as big around as a quarter-dollar coin, maybe a little bigger, here in the US. Your indicator and hazard flashers should look roughly the same. But this is what you're looking for, plugged into that other fuse block.

Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 10.56.08 AM.png

GM P-30 chassis? The flasher for your directional indicators is near the steering column. There's supposed to be another fuse block down there that contains the flasher for the hazards. You mentioned you're looking at a fuse block under the hood; the one with the hazard flasher is inside the rig, ahead of your left knee under the dash (assuming left-hand-drive driving position)

because my rig is right-hand drive I was looking under the dash in front of my right knee and here is what I found:

Attachments

• tempImageVkSC13.png
    tempImageVkSC13.png
    942.7 KB · Views: 5
There are two flashers under the dash if I'm not mistaken.. One is the turn signal. the other the 4ways.. They are identical in appearnce (May even be the same model)

because my rig is right-hand drive I was looking under the dash in front of my right knee and here is what I found:

Your picture appears to show the top of your pedal assemblies. The flasher is going to be higher up than that, not visible without looking upward into the area above the pedals. This may require some contortion and small hands!

Your picture appears to show the top of your pedal assemblies. The flasher is going to be higher up than that, not visible without looking upward into the area above the pedals. This may require some contortion and small hands!
yes, this has proved to be a tight squeeze; here's the photo of the area above the pedals; where should I be looking for the flasher?

Attachments

• tempImageuwWSnZ.png
    tempImageuwWSnZ.png
    937.4 KB · Views: 2
On the left side of the RV most likely
When the move the pedals to the right for Right hand drive they do not move the wires. (As a rule)

On my intruder (Same basic design) it was to the right of the steering column but my ride was AMERICAN so it was a left hand drive.. I'm going to guess that's where your flasher is too
(NOTE I think it was on the right. might have been left but it was beside the steering column)

Turn the turn signal on and listen for the clicking. Probably they will be close to each other. I found them in an outside storage compartment on a Workhorse chassis.

On the left side of the RV most likely
When the move the pedals to the right for Right hand drive they do not move the wires. (As a rule)

On my intruder (Same basic design) it was to the right of the steering column but my ride was AMERICAN so it was a left hand drive.. I'm going to guess that's where your flasher is too
(NOTE I think it was on the right. might have been left but it was beside the steering column)
so I found it on the left (Hallelujah!) and I'm guessing that the silver round thing is what I need to swap? (the markings on it are 12v 21WX2 + 5W MAX. 47W 010609) Attached are two pictures, the area is too wide and tight to take just the one so decided for the full view in case I'm missing something.

Attachments

• tempImagedliYzF.png
    tempImagedliYzF.png
    943 KB · Views: 11
  • tempImageHQvOnN.png
    tempImageHQvOnN.png
    687.6 KB · Views: 11
Yup. those are flashers.. I think the 4-Ways are the ones closer to the center of the RV but .. alas.. Not 100% sure. (Sliver cans on the end of the wire) I'd go with the "Heavy Duty" types as they don't care how many lamps are connected to 'em

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom