Infants in RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura D

We're new to RV'ing and I'm new to this forum, just joined today.  I have a ton of questions and figured I'd just jump right in and start asking away.  We've only had our motorhome for a couple of months now, but we're planning a VERY long 3+ week trip in about a week and a half.  We've figured out alot of stuff on our own by trial and error, but I've got a couple of ?'s I'd like to ask before we go on this long trip.  We have a 34 ft class A, and 3 young kids.  My biggest question right now is how to feed my 7 month old.  UP to this point I've just been putting her in a stroller and taking that outside to feed her.  But that is her only "mode of transportation" and it's getting kind of messy!  Obviously we can't take a high chair with us.  I was wondering if anyone had any experience with those portable child booster seats?  Really no way to attach it to a picnic table bench, or even secure it to the dinette seat.  I've gotta believe there is a solution here, but I'm just not seeing it.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?  I know we're in the minority here, being old farts with young kids, but SOMEONE has taken a baby RV'ing with them before!

And if there is anyone here with experience with the whole baby/rv thing....and you don't mind me asking you some questions....I'd love to hear from you.

My wife and I are on our second child that we RV with.  Our baby is 9 months old and we have always used a portable booster/high chair.  I believe the link to this highchair will hook onto a picnic table http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2485006&cat=105005&type=1&dept=5427&path=0%3A5427%3A133283%3A105005
this is the link to the one my wife and I have http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2686008&cat=105005&type=1&dept=5427&path=0%3A5427%3A133283%3A105005
Good luck and I sure hope this helps.
Happy Camping.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a reply AND to include the links.  I've actually looked at both of those!  I just wasn't sure if that was what I was looking for.  Glad to hear what works for someone else.  I think that is the route I will go.

Thanks again!
Laura

Dear Laura,

When my husband and I began to travel in an RV in 1972, our first trip was a short one, but with us was our 3 week old daughter. Our rigs went from car beds to college, and over the years, we had booster seats, high chairs, car beds, potty seats, etc. with us. As our kids got older, and we had bunks, my husband built some framed cage-like devices so they could sleep on the bunk and we didn't have to worry about them.

They were each allowed to bring with them a box of toys, that had to fit on the end of their beds. We had our grandson with us last summer at 8 months in the Colorado mountains. His mother either used the stoller, or held him. It was only a five day trip, however.

Our children, now 32 and 26, both married, and one grandson. So, our kids grew up in the RV world, and we were so blest for that. I am delighted that you are taking the time to expose them to this type of vacation. You will never regret it, and they will never forget it!

Get with me on specific issues, if you want to chat.

Best,
BernerGran

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom