Information on a 1986 Chevy Honey Motorhome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lorena

We have a 1986 Chevy Honey Motorhome and it needs a new muffler where can we purchase this? Is there someplace special we need to go to buy one? Also, is there someplace we can get a owners manual so we can figure out how to operate everything as we are new to the RV world. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum.

Is this a Class C (bed over the driver) or a class B (looks like a van)?

Welcome to the RV Forum lorena

Any muffler shop should be able to help you on getting a new muffler. If your in need of new pipe you will need find a shop that can bend the pipe to fit.

I can't help with the owner's manuals. but if you search for a manual for a certain item. (Stove, Refrigerator) You may have better luck.

Sometimes an Internet search can locate a specific manual. Here's one site that may have the manual: https://manualslibrary.org/info/manuals-takeout-coreb/?source=gd-chr&kw=&c=ManualsLibrary_TopTerms_CHRtarget&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIueDPlbqU4QIVBMTACh3bdA0vEAEYASAAEgLMYPD_BwE

Here are a couple of Youtube video on the 1987 Honey which may help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR4dkC3zHtU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klEOYjBUgSY

Also, if you post a question on a specific item or appliance, I'm sure someone can tell you how to operate it. All the appliances (stove, refrigerator, hot water heater) were purchased from a 3rd party manufacturer by the maker of your coach. Other RV manufacturers also purchase the same appliances from the same 3rd parties.

Back2PA, it's a Class C

I would take it to the local corner Muffler repair shop.  They'll take your business.  Most of them have a bay that will fit in, and if not, they will send someone out with a jack to the parking lot.

SpencerPJ said:
Back2PA, it's a Class C

I would take it to the local corner Muffler repair shop.  They'll take your business.  Most of them have a bay that will fit in, and if not, they will send someone out with a jack to the parking lot.

Ok thanks. The reason I asked was that I've run in to a couple shops that wouldn't take a vehicle if it didn't fit in the shop

Chances are the Honey has a different muffler than a standard 1986 Chevy van, but a good muffler shop or parts supply place should be able to find a matching size.

It's a fact that some shops can't handle the wider, taller body of a Class C.  Some have a "no RVs" policy rather than run the risk that it might be too large and hit something.

A shop that has a pit rather than a lift is more likely to be able to help.

We need a picture of the switch that turns on the gas to the water heater which is located on the wall above the cook stove. Also, which wires go to which batteries from the solenoid since it was never hooked up right when we bought it. Pictures of this would also be helpful if there are any out there.  Any help with these issues would be much appreciated. We are still trying to figure things out on this camper. Thanks, Lorena and Jim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom