Ink jet printer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unless you absolutely need color printing, a small footprint laser is the way to go. The /sheet cost of print is way lower than inkjets. You can even get a decent all-in-one laser that does copy/fax/print - very usfull for at home and on the road. They even have direct WiFi models so no requirement for network or cables (other than power).

I just purchased a Brother ink jet printer on eBay today. It’s the exact same make and model printer I have back home.
The ink cartridges are full and fairly new. The seller also gave me another set of new cartridges still sealed.
If I leave them in the printer I’m sure they will just dry up after II go back home to NH.
My question is what the best way for me to remove them and keep them fresh until I get back home. Once home I’ll be able to put them in my home printer when I run out of ink in my home printer.
I was thinking about putting them in individual zip lock bags and maybe keep them in my fridge till I need them. Any idea if that will work or is there a better way. Thanks.
Hi there,
It is not vital to store them in your refrigerator any shelf or box with a room temperature will do the trick. I think storing it in the fridge may not be the best way to ensure it from being dried out.
I bought a printer for office use and before I had to move out of my apartment I stored it inside the cupboard of the shelves so that it wouldn't be dried out.
Even if you put them when you reach home make sure you unplug them safely after the power shuts down as it can help the cartridgeo be in the cap position making it fully covered anpreventingnt it from being dried out.

What allows them to dry out is that they are vented to atmosphere after they are opened. If I knew I wasn't going to print for a while I would probably wrap them in saran wrap - especially over the print head, put the cartridges in a zip lock and drop in a desiccant bag (if I had one) in the ziplock. I don't think lower temperature matters - it's lower humidity which is often found in a frozen environment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom