Inside Lock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NFranzen

So I am missing the lever to lock the door from the inside. I took a picture of my buddies camper, and the red lever is what I am missing. Can I get that somewhere, if so can you point me to where? If not can I just replace the entire locking mechanism, and if so can you point me to where? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20211002_102147460.jpg
    IMG_20211002_102147460.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 20
Maybe pull your buddies off, and take a look see what it entails. I agree with IBTripping, probably will need a full replacement. You 'might' luck out stopping at a local RV service shop. Sometimes stuff in the back storeroom is not easily found by end users on the internet.

I usually look at these things as, "If I can find the maker's name and code I can go directly to their site and look for parts. If not available it's time to replace the whole thing."

I have a lot of that with my 25 year old coach.

Yeah it's frustrating to look for a $10 part and then have to spend $40 for a whole lockset but that's my world - 🙄

Pull it off and see if there’s a way to fabricate something if you don’t want to replace the whole mechanism.

Ok so the one I took the picture of that is my friends doesn't appear to be the same as what I have installed, or maybe lightly smaller. Would you think this one is different? If so, ideas on what I am looking for?

Attachments

• IMG_20211005_173908000.jpg
    IMG_20211005_173908000.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20211005_173915214.jpg
    IMG_20211005_173915214.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 10
I replaced that lock mechanism on my door last year and I think I saved the old one. Let me look through my spare parts bin under the bed and if I've got it I'll mail it to you.

If JayArr can’t find his, I have the complete unit I replaced on our trailer after someone used a screw driver and destroyed both key holes trying to break into our trailer. Let me know how you make out…..

Mine broke a number of years ago while we were at the Quartzsite Rally. I went down the strip and found an exact replacement, but I can't remember if it was new or used. It lasted until we sold the RV. Si, try a dealer, or a junk yard if there is one nearby.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom