Installing new toilet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woody

I have developed a leak somewhere under the Thetford toilet in my 93 Pace Arrow motorhome. I imagine the leak is in the valve that controls water flow since it seems to just leak a little when the valve is opened and not at other times. This is the original toilet and rather than repair it I would like to just replace it with a new one.
Can anyone give me some advice or tips on how to remove the oild one? and do the new install.

Woody

Thanks Tom, I'll check their website out. I recall that RV Today had a segment on changing out a toilet but I didn't pay much attention since I was planning to do it then.

Let us know what you find out Woody. Maybe you could come back and give us a tutorial  :)

Get yourself a copy of RV Maintenance & Repair Manual by Bob Livingstone.  Since your rig is an older one, a used edition off eBay would do just fine. However, a new one is only about $22 (+ shippiing) from Amazon.com and probably under $30 in an RV store.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0934798702/002-0115264-4499247?v=glance

This manual contains a lot of useful and easily understood info on common repair/replacement jobs.

As I recall, most Thetford toilets have 4 bolts holding them to the floor, 2 in front and 2 in the rear. The front bolts are accessible thru the foot pedal opening but the rears are somewhat awkward to get at. Some models have a lift-off cap in the upper surface to allow a socket extension to be inserted from the top to get at one rear bolt. The other you have to reach around the back. With the 4 bolts off and the water line disconnected , its a piece of cake from there on. Nothing tricky.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom