Insurance for 5th wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

podge

We are about to order a new Brinkley G-3950, however when I checked out insurance costs in PEI, quoted between $6000 - & $7000, was blown away. It would appear many insurance companies will not insure a 5th wheel valued at more than $100000. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations.

Thanks

Mike

In the USA insurance rates vary wildly based on factors such as the insured value, the primary usage location, FMV vs agreed value, and the types of coverage provided, e.g. campsite liability or personal property in addition to damage. Without knowing much more we can't really guess whether your $6000+ quote is reasonable or not, but it does seem expensive. Did you shop around? Most of us here aren't familiar with the Canadian insurance market and what brands are available.

That’s nuts for insurance. That’s a nice 5th wheel but I would pass on that insurance cost. Brother in law wanted a drivable rv with a E350 chassis. Wanted new. Almost bought it until he contacted his insurance company. Was super expensive for new. He bought almost the same rv but 5 years old. More than half the cost to insure it. Dam insurance companies are like the mob.

That Brinkley is a giant (45 ft) and splendidly equipped trailer with an MSRP north of $200k, so full coverage insurance isn't gonna be inexpensive, but $6000+??? Is that $Canadian? (US$4300)? As I suggested previously shop around.

That’s nuts for insurance. That’s a nice 5th wheel but I would pass on that insurance cost. Brother in law wanted a drivable rv with a E350 chassis. Wanted new. Almost bought it until he contacted his insurance company. Was super expensive for new. He bought almost the same rv but 5 years old. More than half the cost to insure it. Dam insurance companies are like the mob.
My dad used to say that the insurance industry is the biggest legalized racket in the country.

We are about to order a new Brinkley G-3950, however when I checked out insurance costs in PEI, quoted between $6000 - & $7000, was blown away. It would appear many insurance companies will not insure a 5th wheel valued at more than $100000. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations.

Thanks

Mike
Try td insurance my voltage is worth about 100k we pay $450 a year lumped in with our house ins

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nedh
Back
Top Bottom