Insurance on Class-A bus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rednitej

Any recommendations?

So far it's been a bit of an annoyance to find a good insurance provider. I was asked if the bus was "professionally converted". Told them it was done by Featherlite but they want proof. Is this a normal thing? Regardless, featherlite is sending me documentation of the conversion tomorrow.

I do not have insurance recommendations, Do you have clear title, or a rebuilt title? (I do not know what that fire did?)

Also, later, if you plan to haul people commercially, I would think you would need a higher commercial liability type insurance.  Featherlite might have some insurance recommendations also?

It isn't all that unusual for a "bus conversion", but insurers with RV experience usually recognize the brand names of the professional versions like Vantare/Featherlite.  However, you are in a somewhat different situation than standard RV insurance, since it will be used commercially as a tour bus.  Insurers in that field are probably more concerned about liability because you would likely be sued by your passengers if they come to harm as areult of some internal flaw in the work. Much lower risk of that in private coaches (family members rarely sue each other for damages).

Back
Top Bottom