insurance???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like a good deal, but ask for a copy of the policy and read it carefully before signing up. Make sure it specifically addresses motorhomes and that things like awnings and electronics are not excluded

Hello, I've had AON and national interstate, and I believe GMAC as well But the one I currently have, Is "FOREMOST", the only real difference bewtween them and the other companies i had is that for me at least Foremost was cheaper, and they had the same or slightly better coverage.

We also have Progressive.  We found them to be the best price, mid $800's as I recall, for vacation use on a 2004 Simba/Safari.  We have 2 occasions to use the coverage.  once for a cracked windshield and then last year we hit a deer.  Within hours they sent a rep (we were at a Nascar race in Richmond, VA, camped in a flea market) to us to access the damage. I found their service to be great!

JoAnn

We also have Progressive (8 years and 3 motorhomes). Our first coach was a total loss from wildfires in Southern California and they replaced the coach with a brand new one with no hassle. The  coach was  a 2 days short of the limit on full replacement (4 years at the time). There is no deductible (because of the diminishing, claim free, deductible) as it was not considered my fault. The rates are about half of GMAC (I checked) but you don't have the ability to suspend coverage for storage.

romil said:
The [Progressive] rates are about half of GMAC (I checked) but you don't have the ability to suspend coverage for storage.

Actually Progressive told me that coverage terms can be changed at any time during the policy.  Maybe not suspended (i.e. put on hold with no charge) completely, but on my classic car I've always reduced it to Comprehensive Only during the winter months.  That reduces the premium to almost nothing, but keeps enough coverage to cover it if the garage roof falls on it or something.  Same thing if you use a storage facility and something happens... yes they SHOULD cover it and probably would over time, but it never hurts to have your own low-cost coverage that can/will act immediately.

I have my insurance with Progressive and have had it for 15 years except for about a 2 yr period in the 90's when I went with GMAC through Good Sam. I also happen to be an independent agent, however, when I bought my new coach, an 07 American Tradition, the rates really jumped so I shopped anyway. I checked all the companies mentioned above and stayed with Progressive. I had a claim just before I renewed but they did not change my rate.  The premium is based on where you live and the value of  your motorhome so you can lower the value each year as you see fit. I also recommend the diminishing deductible. When I had my claim I had no ded because I had never had a claim. When I renewed it went up to the original dediuctible again. Progressive has great customer service as well. .

We have Progressive and I was recently impressed with a letter I received from them.  Our address is in Rapid City, South Dakota and their letter mentioned that that zipcode had recently had a good bit of hail.  They provided phone numbers and information should we have had any hail damage and how to go about  submitting a claim.  How's that for being proactive?  Thankfully we had no damage as we were no where near the state but to get that kind of support was a good feeling.

Betty

Interesting thread.  I just bought a 05 HR Vacationer and am insured with State Farm.  Premium is 717.00 per year, with 250 deductible on comp and 500 on collision.  I thought that was pretty good, but today I called GMAC (Good Sam) and was quoted 439.00 for the same coverage and that included replacement cost for total loss and included no limit on towing.  I'll be visiting my State Farm agent on Tuesday!  By the way, I live in Indiana and the motorhome is kept at my home. 

I insure all my stuff with AAA. When I upgraded from the 94 Class C to the 01 Class A the rv premium only went up 80 bucks. Paying something like 450/yr with 100 deductable and very high limits.

Back
Top Bottom