Intellitec ECC problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Budg59

Hi all,
I'm new here and have an 02 Bounder 33r. Standing there yesterday and the heater and both AC units decided to come on. I can't turn them off without unplugging them from the ecc or unplugging the thermostat ecc. I am plugged into shore power and tried unplugging but the furnace still runs. The green light on the thermostat is very dim. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated before I start spending money on new parts.

For starters, the furnace is 12V and propane so shore power on or off does nothing. It is controlled by the thermostat directly, so disconnecting/unplugging the thermostat itself (after removing from the wall) should shut it down.
I'll leave the ECC stuff to the experts here.

Welcome to the RV Forum Budg59

The dim light would suggest to me that the 12 volt battery may be low.

That would suggest that the converter may not be working.

I would disconnect ALL power. Unplug the shore line and disconnect the battery.

With all power remove I would check the shore line connections to the RV. You looking for loose wires.

After checking, hook everything back up and see if the system reset itself

Hey thanks Gizmo, I'll definitely check and see if that works. That would be a very inexpensive repair considering the cost of new ECC modules and thermostats

Throwing new parts at a problem does not guarantee a fix,,is very expensive,, and frustrating when it doesn't work.>>>Dan

Well I tried your suggestion Gizmo, not the problem, batteries have 13.2 volts . Not sure how many volts the thermostat is supposed to have but it has 9.7. Did some checking on the thermostat circuit boards and the switch will never read open, always has a complete circuit even when switched to the off position. Put a toggle switch in place of the thermostat to run the furnace and it works as long as I turn it on and off. Going to see about finding someone else to check the thermostat and repair it if needed. Thanks again for your help

Budg59 said:
Well I tried your suggestion Gizmo, not the problem, batteries have 13.2 volts . Not sure how many volts the thermostat is supposed to have but it has 9.7. Did some checking on the thermostat circuit boards and the switch will never read open, always has a complete circuit even when switched to the off position. Put a toggle switch in place of the thermostat to run the furnace and it works as long as I turn it on and off. Going to see about finding someone else to check the thermostat and repair it if needed. Thanks again for your help

I'm going to bow out and let the smarter people step in and help.

But a couple things that caught my eye. If you plugged into shore power the batteries should read 13.6 volts. and I believe the volts on the thermostat should be 12 volts. But I could be wrong on both accounts.

On the 33R the brain box for that is in the bedroom behind the breaker and fuse
panel which is on a hinged board. look behind there.
https://www.discoveryowners.com/ECC.pdf

Is it possible you have AC units that can also run as heat pumps?  That?s what we have and when actual temp gets enough (4 or 5 degrees) below the thermostat set temp, the propane furnaces will kick on, too.  If I didn?t know about the heat pump capability, I would describe exactly as you and question why furnace and AC coming on at same time.

Back
Top Bottom