Interesting article on Rivian electric half ton and SUV: Charge network development.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is an RV forum Not EV
His post is RV related. Just a bit over your head so maybe difficult for you to comprehend. Did you even read the article? I think not.
we were at our VA property this past week and I mentioned to my wife that maybe an EV would not be practical for us since it’s a remote area and there are no charging stations. But there are plenty of state parks so maybe some of these stations would be installed.

Yah. Rivian is definetly pointed st the recreation and camping crowd. It will be interesting to see how they integrate themselves into that market. I can see them being a hit here in BC. Lots of people in that market. I see more of those little pod type trailers with a built in kitchen in the back on the road. Those can go anywhere. Kinda cool.

Yes, this post is RV related if you read the article. As the picture there shows an EV truck is ideally suited to the masses camping in a tent which pops up out of the truck bed :)

We did the trunk tent camping thing for awhile years ago. Kind of nice being off the ground. We see it a lot in the national and provincial parks. Back then those little pod trailers were not common yet. Nice thing about those is the kitchen is always ready to go and there is a fridge. No more hunting for ice.

Great little rig. We were in one last year when we were considering a teardrop to pull behind the Tesla. I’m a tall guy but had no problem dealing with the space. I can see the Rivian crowd looking at ruggedized trailers of that size.

Its not relatated any more than camping on Mars is related. The Truck does not exist its only a concept. Here in Canada it will work as well as it would in Texas during a cold snap.

Its not relatated any more than camping on Mars is related. The Truck does not exist its only a concept. Here in Canada it will work as well as it would in Texas during a cold snap.

Hmmm. You might be thinking of a different truck. The Rivian is in pre-production right now.

I don’t get the cold climate comment. EV’s work fine for many in cold climates. The adoption rate of EV’s is currently higher in northern climates than southern climates. We have never had an issue in 5 years of driving EV’s in Canada. Depends what you need to do with it and where you need to do it.

Here is another article with similar content. I can't help but think that GM might benefit from hooking up with Rivian on this. They are sponsoring 1200 DCFC locations with EVGO as the provider. Seems to me they are targeting some of the same market with the HUMMER. They also both use CCS for L3 and J1772 for L2 charging. Heck, even Tesla with the cybertruck might benefit from this approach of locating charging facilities in campy hikey areas. No doubt some people will be buying cybertrucks for the recreation lifestyle. C'mom Elon. Give Rivian a call. :)

https://techcrunch.com/2020/12/08/r...Km43CG8xRApLbYatnHVtK_ChHYAHh5Fipwyaj3XpovdsP

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom