Interesting critters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess it depends on what "real" venomous (I just have to use the correct word there!) means. There is no record of anybody ever being killed by a Gila Monster, yet several people have been bitten while handling them. They have to chew in the venom too, kinda difficult for them to do. Can only be dangerous when handled, and even then, not really all that dangerous, but still worth heading for a hospital if it does happen.

BTW, the same goes for the AZ Desert Coral Snake. No deaths ever recorded. Another reptile I have never seen. Not even at the Sonoran Desert Museum. But they did have a Gila Monster the last time I was there, just a couple of months ago.

-Don- Reno, NV

Butch

Butch
"It’s important to remember that Gila Monsters are protected by law, so if you see one, leave it alone. If it’s in danger and might need to be relocated, call Arizona Game and Fish at (602) 942-3000."

Absolutely, if you find it in the middle of the road. If you find it in the middle of your living room, the gloves come off.:cool:

"It’s important to remember that Gila Monsters are protected by law, so if you see one, leave it alone. If it’s in danger and might need to be relocated, call Arizona Game and Fish at (602) 942-3000."

Absolutely, if you find it in the middle of the road. If you find it in the middle of your living room, the gloves come off.:cool:
First death reported from a Gila Monster Bite! Since year 1930. Happened on Feb 12, 2024!

BTW, this was the very first time I heard about the year 1930 case.

-Don- Reno, NV

Illegal anywhere in the USA. In fact, even in Mexico the Gila Monster and Mexican Beaded Lizard are protected by law.
Yeah, but they go so well with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.
In the USA, The Gila Monster was the very first venomous reptile to be protected by law.

-Don- Reno, NV
I see you used the correct term. Most people get it wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom