Internet options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JW53

What are some internet options for the internet? Has any one used Travlfi by Dish network?

I have not tried the Travlfi, but be aware it is not a Dish product. The "Dish for My RV" website is operated by Pace International, an authorized Dish retailer. That said, the Travlfi appears to be a reasonably decent product if the refurbishing process is well done. The prices for the various data plans are priced comparably with several others. Before ordering, I would ask Pace what their return policy is. My other concern would be that there appears to be no provisions for external antennas...

NY_DUTCH Thank you for the reply and info., Just looking around for some internet options.

Mobile internet options are rather limited. Sat internet is slow, costly, and requires a lot of expensive equipment. Most RVers simply either use a smart phone as a wifi hotspot or get a mifi box from their cell carrier. Cell based internet is pretty stable and available all across the country for the cost of a cell phone umlimited service plan.

I just got a Peplink balance 20x to be a mobile router. We put Verizon & T-mobile sims in it. Current campground has good Verizon but poor t-mobile. It gives us good internet though over the past couple of very hot days, it restarted quite a few times. I suspect all the AC was pulling the voltage down. I shall have a meter on the power soon.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom