Introducing Janet Groene

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet Groene

:) Hello, I'm Janet Groene, a travelwriter whose specialties include RV travel. I want to hear from full-timers about features that they find very important in a liveaboard RV. Name anything,  large or small, that you feel is vital to the full-timer lifestyle. E-mail me privately at [email protected] if you like and visit me for recipes at CampAndRVCook.blogspot.com

Hi Janet,
I was hoping that was you.  I have many of your cook books and have  seen you  present at FMCA conventions.  In fact I have your autograph on  my "Cooking Aboard Your RV" cookbook dated 1997 in Pomona. 
There are many of us here on this Forum who live full time in our rigs.  I like to think that having enough kitchen counter space is a requirement for the RV.  I also need our Bar B que and use my microwave convection a bunch.  Storage is a big need for us.  We also have lots of electronic gadgets to navigate and to measure tire pressures and wind speeds.  Our satellite INTERNET system is our life line to the world in this full time setting. 
Will you be in Pomona again this  March?  We will be there.

Betty Brewer

Some of us would list the cell phone and internet access as features on the top of the list for a fulltimer.

Please come around here once in a while as I'm sure we can furnish you lots of information for your columns :)

I don't think we would be considering fulltiming if it weren't for cell phones and internet access. Although Mom & Dad started fulltiming in the 1970s without cell phones, ATMs, or dish TV.

Welcome Janet:

My wife ALWAYS needs more storage space!

I also think Satellite internet access is a prime need.
After that: online banking, ATM access, cell phones

This forum provides plenty of social interaction. I lurked for 3 years as I planned what to buy. After I got my rig, I started to contribute to the forum traffic and began to meet all the wonderful people that I had known onscreen for years. Now I make arrangements to meet up with others of our group as I travel about the country. Loneliness is never a problem.

Features I like best in my coach: electric heated floor in kitchen and bath. It is all the heat I need down to 45 F. Independent front suspension gives me great maneuverability. Basement slide out trays ease access to all my stored stuff. GPS navigation device almost makes getting lost impossible. Tire air pressure sensors have saved my bacon 3 times...2 with the tow car and once with the RV. Before the sensors became available, I did $2,000.00 damage to the L front axle and brake system of my Jeep because I could not detect it (37,000 lb RV vs 4400 lb Jeep).

Big rigs must have Jake or exhaust brake supplement.

Coachnet or equivalent. Dependable breakdown aid. They will send the right size tower for your rig. They can locate and help you make appointments for service on the road.

Get the rig serviced/repaired at the factory repair center for best quality.
Join FMCA/Escapees and go to their rallies for the superb educational seminars.

A good reliable way to access the internet so we can access this forum and chat wit the framily.  Satellite Internet makes this possible for us no matter where we are as long as we have a clear view of the southern sky.  The others have already mentioned some of the other things that contribute to making the RVing lifestyle so enjoyable.  We look forward to seeing and meeting other members of this group commonally referred to as FRAMILY.

Back
Top Bottom