introducing myself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brits-RV

hi, i'd like to introduce ourselves Mick and Phylis we live in the south east of England UK. 

We have a Damon Daybreak 3270 with slideout, been reading the forum for sometime picked up some useful information from the forum.
We've been RV'ing for the last 8 months we love it. Except for when we fill up Petrol/Gas.  We have a few problems getting into some campsites but we have managed it.

Hope to go to France and Spain later in the year at least we'll be on the right side of the road.

Mick/Phyl

We have a few problems getting into some campsites but we have managed it.

No lie!  Having seen a few UK campsites, I can believe that.  ;D

Anyways, welcome to the RVForum.  Enjoy your continental holiday.

Hi Mick and Phylis. Glad you came out of the woodwork. Good to have you aboard the forum and hope you'll participate in addition to lurking. Maybe sharing some of your experiences with the Damon (buying and using it) would be very helpful to others. But lurking is fine too.

Being an exiled Taff, I understand the pain you feel when you fill up the rig. But I can't imagine running a rig like in the UK nowadays - it must make a very big hole in your wallet at the pump.

Mick and Phylis,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Glad you have joined us.  I can imagine the pain when at the petrol pump.  We are looking forward to your participation here.  I'm sure you have some useful information to share about RVing in the UK.

Hi Mick & Phyl,

Welcome to the forum. Glad you introduced yourself. Hope you continue to participate. I can only imagine what you experience when you fill up. It's even starting to hurt us here in the US and we're spoiled with lower prices!! :)

Hi,
A reply to let you all know the UK pump prices for Gas $6.80 Diesel $7.30 for a Uk gallon, which is 4.5 Litres, on today's exchange rate $1.70 to our pound.  Yes it does hurt our wallet.
We also have to pay a road tax per year which is about $290.
With the Uk being a small country, from where we live in the south to go to the west of the country (Cornwall) is about 300 miles to the north ( Scotland) is 700 miles so we don't cover the mileage as you do in the US.
We belong to a Caravan Club which does weekend rallies, some of these are on farms and in the winter we go to schools. In the club there are only four of us with RV's the rest are trailer caravans.
Most of the weekend rallies we cover 20 to 30 miles.
                                                Mick/Phyl

Hi Mick,

Fuel here in Florida is now around $2.299 for regular gas and diesel is around $2.799/U.S. gal. Last winter we put on over 10,300 miles which equates roughly to 2000 gallons of diesel. We are staying put for this winter and next to recoup some of that expenditure.

You certainly have a smaller country in area than ours but you also have the European continent to travel! :) :) I'm sure that would get to be very expensive.

Back
Top Bottom