Introducing Permanent Site Campers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjf7g

Howdy!  My name is Becky Fisher and I camp on weekends and holidays at a site I am able to lease from April 1 - October 31 at beautiful Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia.  I spent 12 years "weekend" or "as you can" camping in a pop-up (not recommended) and upgraded this past season by purchasing my brother's 99 Citation travel trailer (27' with front kitchen, no slides, nice queen bedroom in the back, jackknife sofa and fold down table).  This camper was fine for my usual entourage (my housemate and her 9 year old grandson), but not adequate when my parents decided to join in on the family fun. 

My parents are in their late 60's and LOVE camping (we spent a week every summer in a tent at Sherando Lake when I was a kid) but don't want to hassle with maintaining a site of their own.  So, next week my housemate and I will be buying a new 36' travel trailer with two slides and two queen bedrooms.

I have learned a lot by lurking in the forum over the past year or so and decided to join so I could search the forums and join in on some of the fun.  I suspect the bulk of people in the forum travel with their units, but there may be a few others out there who have theirs parked.  Our retirement home will be on wheels, no doubt, but for now we have the pleasure of driving 90 minutes, turning on the water, unlocking the door, and kicking back for a mini-vacation every weekend (from April 1 - October 31, at least).

Hi Becky and welcome. Sounds like you have a nice arrangement, camping at the lake for seven months a year. We have others here who keep their RV at the same location for months at a time, using it on weekends. That has some advantages over driving it or hauling it some place every weekend.

Welcome to the RV Forum. Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions. Thanks for joining us.

Welcome Becky, Enjoy the heck out of that trailer, whether parked for 7 months or traveling all over the place.

Wendy
29 Palms, California

Back
Top Bottom