Introducing your hosts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
I thought it might be fun to introduce our forum hosts (aka the staff) and to let them (or others) add to the commentary.

Starting in random order, I'll first introduce Bob Maxwell, long time forum staffer and our forum Chaplain. If you check out the photo, you'll see that Bob was actually film star and singer Burl Ives in a former life.

From the staff roster:

Bob's first RV was a tent camper that he pulled to Nova Scotia on a month's vacation from Chicagoland in 1970. He later purchased the first of two Class C Leprechauns and put over 100,000 miles on them. He and wife Bev currently own a 37 foot Friendship Class A. Bob found the RV Forum in 1992 and shortly afterwards convinced (then) Forum Manager Ed Juge to start a Virtual Campfire. You'll find Bob Hosting these real-time informal chats on Wednesday evenings at 9.00pm Eastern time.

Bob has been great counsel to many of us and has always been there for forum members in times of illness, grief or any difficulties. He can best be described as a pillar of our community.

Bob and his wife Bev always have a warm and friendly welcome for our Framily at their home in Belen, NM. Rumor has it that they recently installed a 50A hookup in their driveway. Hint (that nobody gave me before we visited) - Bob is partial to a good wine, so put a case or a few bottles of your best on board before you visit.

Attachments

• Bob_Bev2.jpg
    Bob_Bev2.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 56
Bob and Bev are indeed gracious hosts.  We have visited them there and always enjoyed our visits.  I don't know about Berl Ives, but he does resemble the better known Burl Ives :)

Great topic, Tom.  :)  :) 
Bob and Bev are loyal and steadfast Forumites. They are very friendly hospitable people also. Jack and I are honored to count them as friends.  :)  Bob is one of my prayer partners.

Liz

Tom,

Great thread.  I look forward to your introductions of the entire staff.

Hopefully, I'll get the opportunity to attend some of the forum rallies/gatherings some day and meet some of these fine folks.

I thouroughly enjoy their participation and willingness to share their experience and knowledge via this forum.

I have learned a great deal and try to contribute where I feel I can.

Thanks again to all....  lou

Hi Lou. Yes, they're a wonderful group of people without whom this forum wouldn't be possible. They're also fun to be with in person.

You're making it very difficult for me Karl; I'd love to have a Guiness cap. Just be sure you don't drink my Guiness. We RV'd in the west the last 2 years, so we're going the other direction this year. But y'all can talk about me in my absence  ;D

Great seeing the Host's  so at ease in their quarters.  Let's not forget to give thanks to these people and to all the men and women of the military, past, present, and future, that so adequately protect us and this great country, while allowing us to proceed tho our days with ease and enjoying what we love to do most.  This Thanksgiving Day let say an extra prayer for them an our and their loved ones, while not forget those that are ill, needy, and less fortunite than us. 
    Tom while this is a great thread, should it not only show the hosts but also the members and their family of the Forum Staff occasionally so that as new members enter and for those of us that forget to check.  I know for a fact that these people, as well as yourself, send endless hours scouring the web and viewing every post.  Their is no way anyone can thank them enough. Also for those that don't know that this is a free forum, it's cost are great and is privately financed solely by you, with contributions from many. so I, and blame me if I'm wrong, along with others appreciate what you are doing.  So I know you don't like this and won't do so yourself, Please list where members can send donations, no matter how large or small they may be, to the continued great service this forum does.  It would be a shame to have the cost get out of hand to where it would be manditory to charge a fee to join.  JMHO  Have a GREAT HAPPY THANKSGIVING all.

Shayne, there is Donate button in the top button bar on every page for those that would like to contribute.

Hi Shayne,

Folks can view photos and bios of forum staff at any time by clicking the Hosts button in the toolbar above. I just thought we could expand it with additional comments and photos in this topic. Kind of a "featured host/staff member". However, I need to re-emphasize that this is being done in random order; I couldn't possibly favor one person over another - they're all great folks with complementing knowledge and skills. You're right Shayne - they all deserve a huge Thank you for what they do here.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom