Introduction to Mexray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mexray

Hi Gang...I'm Ray and Patricia's my wife.

We've been RVing for more years than I'm willing to admit...We started like most, I guess, by tossing a small tent in the trunk, along with an ice chest and a bag of food - then headed for the beach or the lake or the mountains nearby us here in Northern California.  We're spoiled out here with all the neat things to see and do!

When our two kids found their way into our lives, we decided we needed an RV to haul all our stuff around with us...oh yes, and the kids, too!  That was back in the mid-70's, and we chose an E-350 Ford 24' class 'C' with bunk beds in the back - worked great, and that old MoHo traveled all over the western states when we could steal a few day away from work.

As the kids got older, I built a small camp trailer/chuck wagon kind of thing to pull behind a small Mitsu 4x4 Diesel Pick-up.  My son & I got to hit some real outback adventures with that rig - could go just about anywhere!  There were several other rigs along the way, a sand rail for the dunes, a couple of VW Baja Bugs and buggies used as tow rigs.  Then an old 73 VW 'Westy' campbus - still have that rig, I guess we could dress up in our tie-dye shirts and 'fro' wigs as a sort of 'Hippy' flashback!  We've taken that old Bus down into Mexico several times - on the mainland and Baja - always a fun time, meeting all sorts of new friends along the way!

The past few years, with the kids grown and gone, we've gone back to some tent camping with our Big Bronco 4x4 - we like to adventure down in Baja California a couple times each year to get in some quality 'Beach Time' on the Sea of Cortez.

Our latest adventure rig is a Ford F-350 SuperDuty 4x4 gas pickup, and a 1010 Lance hard-side slide-in Camper.  Now we can get off the pavement and camp in real 'style'.!  Boy - Lance makes a great, strong rig, with all the stuff packed inside one could need! This rig is new to us and we look forward to sliding right into 'camper mode' real soon!

Enjoy reading all you're great info, here on RV Forum - a fun place 'read' when we can't be out on the road, again!

Hi Ray and Patricia. Welcome to our forum. Sounds like you have a lot of experience, so please feel free to share some of it with the folks here.

Welcome Ray and Patricia. Sounds like you've done a lot of the same kind of camping we have. You'll find a lot of folks here who have done the VW camper van route, including me and Mike. We had a '73, among others, and now have an '83 that's in the middle of being restored. Looking forward to hearing more about your RVing.

Enjoy

Ray & Patricia,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Please look around the forum and feel free to ask any questions that you have, join in on any ongoing discussion,or start new discussions.  Thanks for joining us.

Back
Top Bottom