Introduction to Towing a Car

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArdraF

The November 2015 issue of Motorhome magazine has a good introductory article [pp. 54-55, 57-60, 62-64, 68-72] for those just learning about towing a vehicle behind their motorhome.  The title is "Dinghy 101: The essential guide to safely towing a vehicle behind your motorhome."  It includes sections on choosing a vehicle, baseplates and towbars, installing a baseplate, braking systems, electrical systems related to towing, towing solutions, using dollies, safety aspects of towing, and various types and brands of tow bars and auxiliary braking systems.  If you know nothing about towing it's an excellent place to start.

ArdraF

Apologies Gordon, didn't mean to ignore you. Personally, I have an issue with lots of pinned messages (aka stickies), although I've conceded to having some in the forum. Making this topic sticky doesn't give anyone a direct link to the information; One has to get the respective issue of the magazine to read the articles. If the magazine was accessible online, it would make sense to add a link in Ardra's message, but it's not.

My preference would be to have relevant articles in our forum library. Meanwhile, there are several related articles on the Motorhome web site here; They may or may not equate to the articles in the magazine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom