Introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Northern Guy

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to introduce myself real quick. As a family we are new to RV/ Travel trailering. Getting ready to make a big move from North East North Carolina to the Fresno, CA area, and for some reason we decided it would be a great idea to by a travel trailer. Mostly because we are planning on using it allot on the west coast to escape the city as often as possible. My current set up is a 2015  Keystone Hideout 260LHS with a dry weight of 5,158 an, With a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 extended cab LT Z71 5.3L V8 4X4 with a tow limit of 9,200. I'm gonna be working on the truck to add some tow mirrors, transmission cooler and I guess I will see if anyone else has any recommendations. I'm gonna head over to the Trailering forum here in a min, but if anyone knows of the best routes to go from the East to West coast via a Central route let me know. Thanks and I look forward to getting to know you guys. 

Welcome to the RV Forum Northern Guy

Now don't be shy...Tell us a little about yourself and RV(s)

Gizmo100,
Your quick on the post. I'm pretty new to this whole forum posting world, so when I hit the tab and enter button the computer decided I was ready to post. But I figure I will learn how this system operates soon enough.
Thanks

Welcome to the Forum, and to the camping world.  You sound like you have a nice set-up.  That is a good towing amount, but in the RV Trailer world, it is a only part of the equation.  On your drivers door, will be a sticker that states what your specific truck can carry, ie Payload.  Realistically, your dry 5100# trailer is going to turn into 7000#, especially with a cross country plan.  That along with your family and everything in the truck, it gets very easy to max out the payload on 1500s.  Just trying to be helpful, and willing to help you understand the way the numbers work.  Driving across country, there are some pretty steep grades.  I have a YukonXL, trailer package, 5.3 V8, a smaller and lighter trailer than you have, and I wouldn't tow my set-up across country to CA.  A neighbor of mine did with his Suburban and a 26' Travel Trailer once to Colorado, he now owns a 2500 truck.  Be safe, be smart.  Ask away with questions.  That Gizmo100 character is pretty smart as well as quick to post  ;)

Northern Guy said:
Gizmo100,
Your quick on the post. I'm pretty new to this whole forum posting world, so when I hit the tab and enter button the computer decided I was ready to post. But I figure I will learn how this system operates soon enough.
Thanks

Don't sweat it...I just happen to refresh the page when you posted.

You'll figure it out...and if you have questions just ask, Pretty friendly folks around here.

Hi and welcome to the forum Mike. Sounds like you have an exciting trip ahead, hope you get everything organised soon.

Safe travels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom