Introductions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thoss

Sorry, guess I forgot to introduce myself.? My wife and I are in the process of buying our first RV.? I've been asking on and off for 19 years, so I guess persaverence pays!? :)? We are from Northern California, Concord to be exact.? We've done a lot of internet research and finally have gone to a few RV lots to see the models.? We figure we'll be ready to purchace next month.? We have a 12 year old and a 7 year old.

Hi Thoss and welcome to our forum. We're not too far from you - on the Delta. Good luck with the purchase and be sure to let us know what you decide to buy.

You might want to check out some of the checklists in our library before you take delivery or hand over your cash. Click the Library button above and select Checklists.

We also have a couple of "local" articles you might find interesting:

The California Delta experience.

RV parks on the California Delta.
[edit]Link update[/edit]

Since no one else has come forth,  What are you looking for a TT, 5ver, Class C or Class A,  IF A  gas or diesel?  How are you going to use it, how long  of trips Time wise? Distance for trips, Dry Camping? Campgrounds, State Parks, National Parks?  What does Mama like?  That may be the most important Question. Personally I like the gas Motorhome Class A for families.  Kids can watch TV, watch movies,  or Play games in the bedroom in back while you are driving, so they are vertually self entertained. Mama can keep an eye on them and she has ample room to manuver if need  be. Deisel is great but not needed if not traveling most of the time.  Slides at least 1 is recommended.  With a Motorhome you can tow  a car to drive once you are set up somewhere. That's just my version.  Others perhaps will disagree.  I've been doing this since the 60's and hope to for many more years.  I always buy used 4 to 6 years.

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions.  Thanks for joining us.

Welcome, Thoss & family. Hope to hear more from you as you do your research and shopping.

Shayne asks some very good questions and they are ones that many people have (surprisingly) not really given much thought to. RVing is an attractive, sort of romantic notion, but now that you are preparing to spend Big $$ it is important to know just what you are expecting from your investment expenditure.

Thanks everyone for the warm reception.? We are looking to buy a new lite weight TT, with one slide in the rear.? DW has the floorplan already picked out, now we have to try to find one that matches my rig.? So far Jayco's feather EXP213 is in the lead, but she wants to check out the Roo 23RS and the Gulfbreeze 23TRS.? So more dealer visits in the near future.?

We would mostly be camping around California during the school year, possibly every 6 weeks or so.? However, I have a family reunion near Buffalo this July. Generally in the summer we usually travel East and loop back.?

Tom, thanks for the Delta RV link.? DW already has her eye on Snug Harbor.

Again -- thanks all, I won't be a stranger, probally will have a million and a half questions to ask.? ;D

You may want to do a search on the forum for the brands you are looking at purchasing and the companies who make them.  I believe Gulf Stream makes Gulf Breeze and there have been some threads recently relating to that company.

Good luck on your search for the perfect TT and I hope you and your family have many enjoyable years of traveling.

Back
Top Bottom