Invsabrake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robert Olson

We just had the Invisabrake installed in our 2012 Honda CRV at Camping World.  I opted for the Invisabrake over Brake Buddy and those "in front of the driver's seat" systems because once I unhooked the tow bar I could just drive away.  You don't have to disconnect anything from the brake peddle and then store the brake box somewhere.  Now here's the rub.  When they installed the "box", which is about the size of a phone book, it had to go under the driver's seat.  When the technician show me the setup, about 2" of the box stuck out past the seat into the area where a backseat passanger would have their feet.  When I got in the driver's seat and adjusted the seat for me, about 6" of the box is exposed in the backseat area.  DANG!  Absolutely not what I was expecting.  It's too late for me but, if any of you 2012 Honda CRV owners are thinking about the Invisabrake, explore all the options.  Also, if anybody has had my experience and has a solution, PLEASE respond.  Thanks.

Safe and Happy Trails,

Bob

The Invisibrake is only 8.75" x 8.75", so I guess maybe the CRV doesn't have much room at all under the seat?  Have you looked underneath to see if maybe the install tech could have done a better job?

There are several places they could have mounted that box.. Camping world is the problem here, not Invisi brake.

When I had the US gear system installed on my towed, the manual said put it under the seat.. I found a better spot, completly hidden, No problems at all. (Save one trim piect the installer put back wrong,  but that had nothing to do with the change of mounting).

Your situation is the unfortunate result of a lack of effort on behalf of the installer. In a Honda CRV; there is more than one location to mount an Invisibrake (depending on vehicle options), and a proper and secure installation would require that the technician remove the seat from the vehicle prior to installing the controller in order to locate it completely, and securely under the seat, otherwise you cannot properly locate, drill and seal (install) the mounting hardware. Sometimes it really pays to ask this question prior to beginning the installation, it also helps to find a more creative and experienced installer.

Ok guys, here's how it turned out.  My son-in-law took a look at it and while fiddling with it the whole unit came up from the floor (one screw loose & one only in the carpet).  We messed with it and ran the seat back and forth and found no reason why it had to sit so far into the foot area of the backseat occupant.  I took it back to Camping World and told the technician to push the unit all the way up to the heat/ac duct (I called RoadMaster & they said that it would not effect the unit).  He sheepishly said "well, you won't get any heat or air from under the seat". My response was "I have dash vents if I need them".  It's not perfect but it is MUCH better than before.  I know from the RoadMaster tech that there was an alternative location but would have cost more money and I didn't have any confidence in the tech at Camping World. Thanks for the suggestions.

I have a 2013 Honda CRV that I would like to setup an Invisibrake on. What are some of the alternative locations that were mentioned? Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom