Is a "King" truly a King sized bed in an RV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nmorgan

Heading to FL to pick up our new RV in a week, and we're trying to get everything ready so that we can hit the road for a week during spring break. One thing we need to get are sheets, and the RV is spec'd to have a king-sized master bed and a queen-sized overhead bunk. We're trying to figure out if we should be ordering standard king / queen sheets, or are these "RV King and Queen" sized beds?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Heading to FL to pick up our new RV in a week, and we're trying to get everything ready so that we can hit the road for a week during spring break. One thing we need to get are sheets, and the RV is spec'd to have a king-sized master bed and a queen-sized overhead bunk. We're trying to figure out if we should be ordering standard king / queen sheets, or are these "RV King and Queen" sized beds?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hope this helps...

In some of the literature you have it should give you the dimensions of the bed. If not look online. I don't thing they are true king/queen size. I like the regular queen size for my bed, there is a bit extra but doesn't come untucked as easily. Enjoy & safe travels!

In some of the literature you have it should give you the dimensions of the bed. If not look online. I don't thing they are true king/queen size. I like the regular queen size for my bed, there is a bit extra but doesn't come untucked as easily. Enjoy & safe travels!
Thank you! Agree that the responses all seem to indicate that the RV King is not quite but close to normal house kings.

RV King mattress comes in two sizes I think. 72 inches by 75 inches OR 72 inches by 80 inches.
There are also custom sizes in some RVs, so a lot depends on the specific rig. So unless you get the actual dimensions in advance it might be smart to hold off until you actually see it. Of course you could get king size sheets and fold them if needed.

It varies by RV year/make/model, so there is no real answer to what you have except to measure it. Some models, often the higher priced ones, use US standard size kings or queens, but others use various "custom" variations. There is no standard definition of an RV King or Queen, but 72x75 and 72x80 are common "RV King" dimensions and 60x75 is common for an "RV Queen".

Given the variation, I'd have the dealer/seller confirm the measurements before you buy anything. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Back
Top Bottom