Is Anyone Happy With Their New Class C?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well as far as making a request to the HOA for a variance to store a Class A - I am actually on the HOA board and can tell you that ain't gonna happen! Half the residents here would prefer to not allow ANY RVs to be on your property. After another two weeks of frustrating searching, I think that we may just keep our Ford F350 and Lance truck camper a few more years until we are totally physically incapable of getting into it. After that - $100K will pay for a lot of hotel rooms!
Our HOA didn’t allow boats or RV’s to be parked within sight of road. After some complaints they changed the covenant to say we could park RV’s in the driveway during the season. When November/December rolled around I was asked why our TT was still in the driveway. I said we are allowed to keep it there during the season and since e camp year round our season is 12 months. It’s still there. :cool:

Well, we have a 2019 Jayco Greyhawk, and bought it new. We do like it a lot. The dealer we bought from here in the Las Vegas area, Johnnie Walker, did a real good pre delivery check, then a real thorough walk thru with us showing us how each component works. We had some minor things like a leaking faucet, doors wouldn't latch, and other minor things that they fixed up. The important parts are still working, like the slides, levelers, fridge, etc.

it was 2019 though, before they started tossing these RVs together real fast. We all know the factories where RVs are built have never been too concerned with quality workmanship, and it seems to have gone downhill. I would say to choose the dealer wisely. Can they piece the rig together for you the right way before you get it?

Anyhow, our Greyhawk 26Y has been a nice little camper for us. We are now, though, thinking about a class A with a little more room. For longer trips, of course. Let's hope gas prices come back down sooner than later!!

So, my vote is for a Class C, Jayco Greyhawk, from a trustworthy dealer. Happy hunting, and happy trails!!

To continue what everyone else is saying. I just bought my new Class C (2021 on a 2022 f450), and dealer warranty work and part supply issues suck. Wizard mentioned having a new car dealer expectation was my biggest let down. Buying something new from a dealer, you are not getting a level of service promised when purchased

from a trustworthy dealer.
Does such a thing really exist?
We deal with one. They stated a free annual maintenance and still do so after 10 years and have been excellent for service. It is a fairly small dealership in a rural area and I suspect small dealers are more inclined to be trustworthy over the long term. I have referred others to them leading to at least 3 new customers and they never seem to forget that. Athens RV Sales, Athens, TX.

I appreciate all the replies. We ended up buying a used Forest River Forester on a diesel Sprinter chassis. Bought it from the local dealer in town. Hopefully, all the bugs are worked out of it. We did find a few minor issues which the dealer happily fixed. I was a little hesitant about the Sprinter chassis as the nearest Mercedes dealer is 300 miles away. I did find a local shop that will work on it as long as it is not internal engine work. Crossing my fingers that we made a good decision.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom