Is it a Hidden Forum or are Truck Cabover Campers excluded?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nickens

We have had a cabover, a 21 travel trailer (TT). and now have a 2005 TT.? We are switching back to a cabover so we can also tow a 21' boat.? I came back here to get intel on truck campers, but here seems to be no "Truck Camper" forum and nothing turned up on my search.

Am I missing something or should I be seeking referrals to another site that has such a forum?

Thanks,
Blaine

Nickens said:
We have had a cabover, a 21 travel trailer (TT). and now have a 2005 TT.? We are switching back to a cabover so we can also tow a 21' boat.? I came back here to get intel on truck campers, but here seems to be no "Truck Camper" forum and nothing turned up on my search.

Am I missing something or should I be seeking referrals to another site that has such a forum?

Thanks,
Blaine

Hi Blaine,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  I believe some of the Framily members have owned pickup campers  but have switched to trailers.  Hopefully some of those having experience with pickup campers will jump in here.  Feel free to ask any questions and we will try to provide the answers.  Welcome aboard.

We haven't intentionally excluded truck campers, but didn't set aside a separate home for them either. Just an oversight, I guess.  We simply haven't had many folks express an interest in truck campers here.

You are certainly welcome to post questions and participate - use the General Discussion area for now.

Hi Blaine,

I don't know how many truck campers we have here but I do know there is at least one. Just ask your questions and I'm sure someone will have an answer. We certainly welcome all kinds of RVers and hope you will stick around and enjoy our forum.

Nickens said:
but here seems to be no "Truck Camper" forum and nothing turned up on my search.

Blaine,

It's been a while since I had a truck and camper but, you are certainly welcome here.  Many aspects of camping/rving are the same no matter what type of rig you travel with.

Phil

I'll gladly add a message board for truck campers if there's an interest.

Welcome to the forum. We started with a 12' slidein truck camper many years ago and and then moved on to a 5th wheel and now a 40' motorhome. We have had a copule of folks show up at our informal rallie in truck campers. Please don't feel you're being excluded.

Chet18013

I'm new here as well, and have a truck camper.  Seems like this would be a pretty common break-in RV for newbies.  I was confused as well by the lack of a separate category for us, but not really daunted...figured much of the info would be the same, or at least applicable.  Still, it would be nice to have a li'l ol' section for us... ;D

This is late, but if you do decide, look at the TorkLift family for tie downs and towing.  I have the Super Hitch to extend the ball out from under the camper.  Works great.  Has capacity that would exceed your capability.  Mine has a 12000 tow rating with weight dist hitch.  IOW, with any normal tow you won't exceed the hitch cap. 

In case folks  it earlier, this is the Truck Camper message board.

PancakeBill said:
?? and the missing phrase is??

Hi Bill. The subject line caught my attention while I was reading your post (reply) yesterday and wanted to make sure there was no confusion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom