Is this rubber bump stop (??) replaceable?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rgnprof

I am attaching a pic from my ‘93 Ford E350 29ft class C. This is on the back axle and you can tell it’s pretty useless.

What is it? And, is it replaceable?

ryan

Attachments

• 86FB83FF-6774-40AA-A2E4-E76EFAF69364.jpeg
    86FB83FF-6774-40AA-A2E4-E76EFAF69364.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 50
Can’t find them anywhere…

Any aftermarket replacement kits available?

Should be a ford part. Any truck/van dealer should be able to givr you a part number.

I do understand that about MH parts, especially for a coach this old (and this is not the first time I've run in to this problem). I have looked...and looked. For example - those parts in the above link are for 1999 and newer...No one around here can give me a part number.

I am assuming that there is - somewhere - an aftermarket part that will fit (I need to call Energy Suspension, among others). But, I don't want to start this job HOPING that I will find a part to match the old one. From what I've read, this is not an easy job...

That isolator appears to be on a cross member house support to main frame rail.
The small question here is a source for the rubber, the big question is what's your plan to replace it ?
It's riveted to the support rail and those are not sissy rivets !
Looks very much like a don't worry about it issue, there are likely other ones on the build that look the same.

Btw, a bump stop is on active suspension components not static structure points.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom