Is this safe??? I would feel safe if I was a mile ahead of him.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My dad saw a set up like this in Arizona recently. He said tip to tip over 100 feet long traveling at 65mph.

I didn’t know they made Class A rigs that can tug that much (GCVW), better yet stop that much.

Yes, there are states that allow a "double tow". I'm sure each have a licensing requirement for it. As for the towing ability, there are many rigs out there that can legally tow that much weight (like mine, #15,000). It is safe? Now that's debatable.

Stopping that much weight in a hurry would be a white knuckle ride. I see many Semi's pulling 3 trailers across the desert (triple tow) and I am sure they are much heavier. The skill and common sense of the driver would be a major factor in that scenario.

I would also want to pass him if possible and put that set up in the rear view mirror.

Give the potential stopping issues I'd be inclined to stay a mile behind him.

So, if you can activate the brakes on that pickup, then I reckon the trailer brakes would activate from the hitch connection. So, if they have a toad break system in the pickup, it could be fine for the normal braking you would see.
Of course if something hinky happens up front, who knows how all that is going come to a stop.
I agree. I don't wanna be in front, or beside that rig when he has to lock 'em up.
IT might be interesting to see from a distance.

I don't know that this double tow setup would be legal anywhere, most jurisdictions require the lead trailer be a fifth wheel. Can you imagine it in a cross wind? YIKES!!

For some reason I'm not seeing any video in Len's post. The only link is to his Tardis album, and that's not what the rest of you are talking about. Very strange...

UPDATE: It is my Adblocker that is suppressing the video link - it's apparently part of a Facebook ad.

Last edited:
Well, if you can't double tow, how about this? In case you can't see it all, there's a scooter at the front, the boat on top, and a truck below the boat.

Attachments

• 104_1303 (Large).jpeg
    104_1303 (Large).jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom