Is this slide flush?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chaostactics

So I've finally got my hands on the GD 2150RB. (I've never owned an RV?

I was doing a walk around and the slide protrudes about 3/4" maybe 1" from the edge of the trailer skin when it's pulled all the way in with the slide control.

Is this properly flush to the side or is it supposed to come in more?

If the latter any trouble shooting tips?

20221206_135313.jpg20221206_135316.jpg

There is a gasket that is between the slide out and the side of the rv. As long as it is compressed just a little, it’s fine. That’s so that water will not enter the rv while it’s raining or while traveling.

Looks about right to me, as said by Rene, check the gasket/ rubber seal, it should be evenly compressed.

Slides can be adjusted so they slide in/out evenly. If you have uneven gaps around the seal, say it's tight and against the seal at the top of the slide, but one-half inch off the seal at the bottom when it's fully in, you might want to have someone check the adjustment. It's not "easy" to do and if you haven't done it before, I'd strongly recommend an experienced RV technician do it. Any more than a half inch and you really should have it looked at.

Make sure you're checking for any gaps on solid, level ground. A trailer or motorhome can flex on uneven ground or with suspension articulation and things will shift slightly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom