Is your wallet safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Those folks having concerns about security of financial transactions online, fear no more. Billy's boys come to the rescue again with their "virtual wallet", code named InfoCard.

Given Microsoft's perfect track record of releasing only bug-free products, you may now rest assured that your ID, money and transactions will be truly safe  ???

This one actually has a chance of acceptance.  Unlike Microsofts previous identity management service, Passport, this one is a program that runs on the local PC and doesn't store the identity information on a server under someone elses control.  However, just carrying the MS brand may be a problem :)

With so much good, free, software available today, it's getting hard to justify the high price of much software.  SourceForge is a great source for well written applications and it's all free (as in beer :) ).

Ned said:
With so much good, free, software available today, it's getting hard to justify the high price of much software.  SourceForge is a great source for well written applications and it's all free (as in beer :) ).

VA is there

Ned:

I have been looking for ham radio software.  When doing a web search I come up with all kinds of companies I do not recognize.  But I faintly recall the other day I saw a logging program by sourceforge.  If this is correct, it will be a lucky break for me as yours and Tom's testimonial would encourage me to try them.

Smoky,

For clarification, SoureForge doesn't write the software. It's all open source software created by various authors.

But not a VA fan

It's one of those things that's just not intuitive for me Bernie. I can't explain it and it's not unique to VA. If software isn't intuitive to use, I won't/can't use it.

Tom said:
It's one of those things that's just not intuitive for me Bernie. I can't explain it and it's not unique to VA. If software isn't intuitive to use, I won't/can't use it.

Tom

Yes, I remember. I was just tweeking ;D ;D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom