Issue with gas water heater in Jayco GranitRidge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimmymiko

I have read the manual for the water heater 100 times and can't figure out how to have the water heater use propane instead of 120v.  I have had the unit on battery flipped the switch, the light stayed light but no flame.  I have no idea how this darn thing works.  The heater works when it has 120v.  PLEASE HELP, cold showers stink!!!!  ???

Don' wish to ask the obvious, but the propane is turned on, right?

What make and model water heater does your Jayco have?  Does the heater LP switch have a small light along side?  The little red dot lights up when you flip the switch, indicating the heater is atempting to start. he little red dot sould go out when ignition occurs. If it stays on, it indicates a fault. The switch itself probably also has a light and that stays on as long as the switch is on.

If the ignition fault light stays on, there is a problem (you probaly already knew that from the cold water!). Could be a fuse - lack of 12V power to te heater's gas control will cause a start failure. It also won't light if the igniter electrode that sits in the gas burner tube has been bent too far to eiter side or is defective.

Here are some troubleshooting tips for gas heaters:  Gas heater Troubleshooting

Problem solved, it is a switch in the control panel.  The switch was labeled heat that I never saw in the control panel,  I first thought it was the furnace but it was the switch for gas hot water. :)

Glad you got the problem solved.  Most of that nature are usually minor problems that seem like the world is breaking in half whenit happens to you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom