Issues Changing to My Americas Mailbox PMB Address With Social Security

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gizmo

Back in March when we established our account with Americas Mailbox I did address changes with all we do business with, family & friends.  All has been easily accomplished without any issues, except for Social Security.  When I tried to change my address on-line with SS, it would not accept it indicating essentially the address was not recognized.  I tried different variations, that would comply with Americas Mailbox address formats and nothing worked.  I then called SS and indicated I needed to change my address, the representative did it over the phone and said my address had now been changed.  A few weeks later I logged on again only to find my old address listed, so once again I called SS.  I explained what had transpired with the last rep, so she tried changing my address and had problems doing so.  To her credit she engaged her supervisors help, who looked into it and said the previous rep had done everything correctly, as had I, but the problem was with their computer system and it would be fixed within 30 days.  Well after the 30 days once again I checked and still the change was not made, so again I called SS, this rep also was unable to make the change and was baffled by it and suggested I try going to a local SS office.

I am wondering if others who are collecting SS and are full-timers with one of the mail forwarding services, in particular Americas Mailbox since that is what we have, had the same issues.  I am planning to call Americas Mailbox today when they open to see if they know of such a problem and perhaps offer some suggestions.

We?re with St Brendan?s Isle mail service in FL and I just checked my mailing address at SS online and it?s correct. Had to change my password and they?re now using a security code that they text or email you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom