Itasca - Lend a Hand Rail Extension Installation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skipper

Not sure if my 2006 Itasca Sunova structural design will allow installation of the Lend a Hand Extension beside the door. Diagram shows only a narrow metal stud along left side of door- that's it. Does not seem to be anything to hold the screws. If any Winnebago owner has made this installation, please advise.

Not sure if my 2006 Itasca Sunova structural design will allow installation of the Lend a Hand Extension beside the door. Diagram shows only a narrow metal stud along left side of door- that's it. Does not seem to be anything to hold the screws. If any Winnebago owner has made this installation, please advise.
UPDATE: Winnebago customer service was contacted. The structural design will NOT allow the Lend a HAND INSTALLATION; nothing to secure screws. Maybe this information will help someone else.

Hmmm... I have a 2005 sunova and put one of those Lend a Hand handles on. Had no problem finding steel, I used the existing small exterior handle as a guide to where the frame was.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

you really don't Winnebago is going to tell you it's ok do you really? after all it's a after market part and you could sue them if you screw up. I put on a few of theses and never had a problem on other name units just use common sense or let a pro do it.

Winnebago sent a structural drawing that shows nothing to hold the screws. I really don't want to drill thru the wall. We can live without it at the present time. And, Winnebago did not tell me not to install it. If it gets to be a big issue later for my wife, then we'll rethink it. Thanks for the input.

Back
Top Bottom