Its hot in here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

countrycamperlife

So, I'm sitting in full sun, got both ACs running full blast.
I've opened the AC dump, I've closed the AC dump. I've put a fan in my bedroom and blowing down the hallway. I've closed doors, and kept doors open. Can hardly feel the AC blowing out of certain vents, especially the middle room and bathroom.
Its a 2019 Coachman Chapparal that was only used a handful of times. Besides spending 10 grand on a shelter, is there anything I'm missing here in getting this place to cool better?

From my experiences do not use the vented feature. It curbs air flow too much. Second, be sure your ACs are not frosting up. Even in low humidity central Oregon my bed room air would freeze up is the fan speed was not right.

Welcome to the forum.
Have you installed the insulated pillows in your ceiling vent fans? That will help to keep the hot air out and the cool air in
I only have one vent, in the bathroom. And though no insulated, it does have a rain cover over it.
No skylights or vents of that type anywhere else.

I only have one vent, in the bathroom. And though no insulated, it does have a rain cover over it.
No skylights or vents of that type anywhere else.
The outside cover will not keep the cold from escaping and it may build up a lot of heat between that what you call a rain cover and the actual vent cover thereby lots of heat will transfer into the rv.

You didn't mention the outdoor temperature, but the combination of full sun and 90+ temperatures really exposes the shortcomings of RV insulation & air circulation as well as the general problem of cooling a skinny, thin-walled box with lots of window glass.

Besides that ceiling vent/skylight, you probably have a picture window in the back, right?

You didn't mention the outdoor temperature, but the combination of full sun and 90+ temperatures really exposes the shortcomings of RV insulation & air circulation as well as the general problem of cooling a skinny, thin-walled box with lots of window glass.

Besides that ceiling vent/skylight, you probably have a picture window in the back, right?
I do....but all shades are down and stay down. Of course, I do understand it doesn't have the insulation a home does, but just figured it would cool better as it's a smaller space.

The key to that problem is be proactive and start to cooling process very early in the day.. It will maintain a temp better than to achieve a temp after it's out of control..>>>EDan

Do you have any slide outs? If you do, is there one or two you can get by without? If you can close a slide you’ll have less sq/ft to cool.

Back
Top Bottom