It's Official!!! Jack Pearce is RETIRING!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jackliz

Howdy, Framily.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jack is a SHORT-TIMER!  Jack's employer has offered him early retirement. His last day of employment will be December 31, 2005 instead of March 31, 2006.  ;D  ;D    We will be staying here in SE Florida only because our site has been paid for, through March, 2006. This park doesn't give refunds.  :( 

Now we HAVE to buy a toad. Jack is pressing me hard on this. I hate to go car shopping! My dream toad is a F250 pickup truck with a diesel engine.  Fuel/gas mileage is a very big concern. Doesn't look like I am going to get that truck.  :(

We have a bunch of fixing to do to the Wanderlodge. One big thing to fix is a leaking black water tank. There are other smaller problems to solve. After 12 years, the water pumps(that's right, there are TWO) need to be refurbished. One of the tires needs to have a new valve stem installed. We want to purchase a tire pressure monitoring system and replace the 12 year old microwave OR maybe get it fixed, if parts are available. And Jack wants to replace the bedroom air conditioner.

I am going to find out if the park manager will let me have a moving sale. We have things that we can't take with us.

Wow. The time is now flying by.  ;D  ;D

Regards,
Liz 

Congratulations Jack & Liz.  That is good news.  We are happy for you.  I am sure you will adjust to the new lifestyle very easily.  Hey you could make the Quartzsite and Moab rallies.  Does this mean we will see you guys at Sam's Camp next fishing season? ;D ;D

Congratulations to you both. I know you've waited a long time for this. Hopefully you can both travel and enjoy retirement and, of course, Jack can do more fishing.

Good for Jack!

Getting retired has been real hard work!

Congratulations, it's about time.  I'll bet you don't spend your winters in Florida anymore :)

Congratulations Liz and Jackson!  What a great Thanksgiving present.  Tom and I hope to someday share a fishing hole with you when you hit the road. :D

Margi

Congratulations Liz and Jack!! 

Tim took an early retirement this past January.  His retirement was unexpected, so we didn't have the wait that you all have been "enduring"...{big grin}  I'm sure you both will love it.  We always heard that after you retired you can't believe how busy you become and how did you ever have time to work.  We have found out that its true and are so busy; it's crazy.

Have fun!!!! Congrats!

Marsha and Tim

James Godward said:
Tom, MT is west!

LOL Jim, I hope they get there and Jack gets to do some fishing. They have no excuses now.

Again, y'all, Congratulatioms!

And the rest of you, had you been at the Virtual Campfire this past Wednesday you would have already known as we heard it there first! ;D ;D ;D

I think it's highly ironic that Liz's dream of heading for the nearest state line on the day of retirement got replaced with spending the winter in SE FL. ::)

Never say never!

Bob Maxwell said:
I think it's highly ironic that Liz's dream of heading for the nearest state line on the day of retirement got replaced with spending the winter in SE FL. ::)

Never say never!

Liz would never throw away those 3 "free (paid for)" months  ;D ;D

Jack and Liz  Congrats and don't worry about a Toad, heck we use a 01 Lincoln Town car, cause I've spoiled the Boss and she won't drive anything else.  Had to buy a new 06 Enclosed trailer to haul it.  But then we get  to keep some of the extra can't do withouts, that way. Lots of storage.  Besides when we go somewhere and take the car on the road  we get 25 to 28 miles per gallon on the road if I keep my foot off the gas pedal.  Just get motoring and head down the road and it will all work out.

That is great!

I am really looking forward to hunkering down for a good visit.  It's been since that spring ralley at Ga Veterans when we were both still working.

Thank You to everyone for the good wishes.

We finished all the requisite retirement paperwork. We're(well, actually Jack is) test driving cars, ughhh. We've moved doctor appointments to January when Jack will no longer have to juggle hospital work time and driving to the doctor.

I finally ordered a Sharp convection/microwave oven to replace the one(BUILT IN 1992) in the Bird from Loew's. Couldn't get it ANYWHERE else. Jack is going to install the new CB radio, the new gate valve and seal assembly for the Bird's black water tank and the fan motor for the bedroom's air conditioner. And GO FISHING!!!  WHEW!!  ;D  ;D

Regards,
Liz
5 weeks and counting!!!

Back
Top Bottom