IXQ TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
Anyone ever hear of this program?  They advertise that there's 3000+ TV channels. You have a stick called Fire Stick which plugs into your HDMI port in the back of the TV. Then a little programming and that's it. 
For $39.00/month, you'll get 2 sticks. For $51.00/month, you'll get 4 sticks. For $63.00/month, you'll get 6 sticks.  One stick for every TV and you need good Internet Service/WiFi. 

Haven't heard of this one.  But wow...3000?  I have 250 some odd with Direct TV and can never find anything to watch.  I couldn't imagine not finding anything to watch on 3000 channels!!

edjunior said:
Haven't heard of this one.  But wow...3000?  I have 250 some odd with Direct TV and can never find anything to watch.  I couldn't imagine not finding anything to watch on 3000 channels!!

Yea, we dropped DirecTV 3 years ago.  Pricing was outrageous and 200+ channels and couldn't find stuff to watch.  I seriously wonder why some of those channels even exist! 

Never heard of IXQ....might be worth researching a bit.

It looks to be a multi-level marketing scheme from the little research I have done.  It also looks like a number of the channels they offer are foreign language channels, so if you are not interested in programing in Italian or Korean the channel count may not matter to you.  I guess it depends on how much you want to watch, for us 90+% of our tv viewing is covered by Netflix at $11 per month, Amazon Prime at $12 per month ($119 per year), as well as the various free streaming channels (CW, CW Seed, Sony Crackle, etc.) plus the traditional over the air networks, ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox.  We also have Hulu for $7 per month, but honestly I don't have a clue when we last watched anything on it, and at this point we should probably drop it.

SeilerBird said:
It is a MLM scheme. That is all you need to know.

I understand what a MLM is now. But is it bad for the consumer like you and me. There are many MLM companies out there. The way I understand how it works is where the revenue of the MLM company is derived from a non-salaried workforce also called participants. The members above him start to profit from the revenue generated.
There are many MLM companies out there like AMWAY and TUPPERWARE who make a very good product and have been around for years. AMWAY more than 50 + years.  Same with TUPPERWARE.
My neighbor here at the CG signed up yesterday and he's also from Canada. I'm going to wait for a year and see how it works for him. Then I'll decide.

I was just hoping someone out there has tried or does use this service.

All MLM is bad because the thrust of the company is new recruits, not a better product. My sister was a Tupperware dealer for years. They are evil. Amway is the worst.

Back
Top Bottom