Jackie Mac

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never driven thru Phoenix on the schedule this winter. Always try to avoid rush hour in Salt Lake as we have driven thru that mess several times... 2 hours end to end.. unfortnately you have to drive the whole way thru Salt Lake. How does the traffic compare... anyone ???

When I was working in Los Angeles my job took me to points on opposite sides of the metroplex - from my home in the San Fernando Valley to mountaintop sites above Palm Springs, Mojave, Ventura and Santa Barbara. I quickly developed workarounds to driving the freeways during commute hours, my favorite was to take go north of the mountains and take desert roads like hwys 14 to 38 to I-15 to get around the worst of the mess. Highway 138 used to be called Death Alley for all of the head on collisions, it's now a decent road having been widened to 4 lanes almost all the way though you still have to be aware of possible strong crosswinds and flash flooding from runoff if there's rain in the mountains.

@jackiemac

When are you headed back to the United States?

Are you or your hubby from here? Or you just like to travel and got hooked on the UNITED STATES?

We flew back to Vegas Monday. We had further repairs required to the trailer so we took it to the dealer on Tuesday morning with the expectation of getting it back Friday afternoon. We spent a few days in Boulder City and the trailer was actually ready to collect Thursday PM but as we had booked a room until the Friday we just collected it on the Friday lunchtime. Checked into the Oasis RV Resort in Vegas and we met friends down in Laughlin today. It is HOT!

Going to spend a few days getting ourselves organised and getting some pool time. Heading out Sunday 5th June but don't know where yet.....

We will be in the Tetons late July/August but other than that we have zero plans made.

Good for you Jackie! Vegas is a bit toasty this time of year (as is Lake Havasu City as well). We are heading out on 5-30 and headed to Cave Creek, then onto Utah for a bit on the way to Wyoming for a rally. Maybe we will see you out there!

When are you arriving in the States this year? I see I ask that last year.

Is your hubby an American? I know you are Scottish.

Just wondering how you decided to come OVER every year.

Enquiring minds are interested.

When are you arriving in the States this year? I see I ask that last year.

Is your hubby an American? I know you are Scottish.

Just wondering how you decided to come OVER every year.

Enquiring minds are interested.
May 16th

He is Scottish.

Health made us decide to take early retirement and do what we can whilst able. Covid caused a 2 year delay.

Our Visa only lasts a few more years and things are becoming very expensive. Exchange rate not great which doesn't help.

We will probably renew our Visas if we can but we just need to see how things go. Not ready to stop yet. 😁

May 16th

He is Scottish.

Health made us decide to take early retirement and do what we can whilst able. Covid caused a 2 year delay.

Our Visa only lasts a few more years and things are becoming very expensive. Exchange rate not great which doesn't help.

We will probably renew our Visas if we can but we just need to see how things go. Not ready to stop yet. 😁
Are ye bringin' your bagpipes, lass? I ran into a Scotsman a number of years ago at a fishing tournament who had his. I thought he was actually pretty good, although my ear isn't tuned to that kind of music. I tried playing along on my guitar...that didn't work out so well. :rolleyes:

Are ye bringin' your bagpipes, lass? I ran into a Scotsman a number of years ago at a fishing tournament who had his. I thought he was actually pretty good, although my ear isn't tuned to that kind of music. I tried playing along on my guitar...that didn't work out so well. :rolleyes:
Not a fan!! 😁

• Aurora borealis likely to be visible across parts of Scotland and Northern Ireland
  • Forecasters say it could even be seen 'as far south as central England and Wales'
It is a jaw-dropping natural phenomenon that puts on a spectacular show across the Arctic Circle and sometimes beyond.

But tonight the Northern Lights won't just creep as far south as Scotland — forecasters say they could even be visible above Birmingham and other parts of the Midlands.

That's because the sun has unleashed an enormous coronal mass ejection (CME) which is set to hit the Earth this weekend, sparking a geomagnetic storm between Saturday and Sunday.

This will fling charged particles into our planet which will interact with oxygen and nitrogen in the atmosphere to emit green and red colours over our poles.

The Met Office's Space Weather arm said Aurora borealis would likely be visible across parts of Scotland, Northern Ireland and even 'as far south as central England and Wales' if skies are clear.

Cool for you!

It was an exceptionally display a few nights ago, even in far south of England. Of course it was cloudy here and we missed it!

Hi

We are flying out 28th April, a few weeks earlier than usual. We had hoped to come out for the eclipse but had some work done on our house so couldn't make it. Fly home 21st October.

Collect the truck and trailer in Boulder City and will be there for a few weeks probably m.

We have 2 weeks booked in the Tetons from 8th August. We will probably spend more than 2 weeks in Wyoming and more time in Utah in the desert as we love it.

No other plans as yet.

Thanks for asking. What are you doing this Summer? @ziplock

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom