Jackie Mac

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad to hear that you made across the pond, and that the trailer seem relatively intact. Hopefully once you get water into the system, the seals will settle in and maybe the batteries will start holding a charge, particularly if they are deep cycle batteries.
We on the other hand are stuck in neutral in NS while Donna undergoes tests to determine the reason for her constant upset stomach.
Enjoy your shortened RV winter.

Ed

Renae and I are going to visit Steve and Jackie for a few days at the RV park that they are staying in.

We are in Las Vegas and are waiting for the acceptance of the contract that we submitted for the house in Summerlin. The lady that owns it has until tomorrow evening to accept it . She has three other offers, but all are below list. We offered her $15,000 over list and she was there when we toured the house and her and Renae hit it off and she was discussing what furniture she would sell her.

Glad to hear that you made across the pond, and that the trailer seem relatively intact. Hopefully once you get water into the system, the seals will settle in and maybe the batteries will start holding a charge, particularly if they are deep cycle batteries.
We on the other hand are stuck in neutral in NS while Donna undergoes tests to determine the reason for her constant upset stomach.
Enjoy your shortened RV winter.

Ed
Hope it's nothing serious Ed. Fingers crossed.

Thanks we will do our best.

Jackie,
We're so glad you both arrived safely and were not caught up in the latest concern over the 'new' Omicron strain of Covid. The UK seems ready to go back into lockdown :eek:

Don't forget the temps shown on the attachment are in Celsius, so do the conversion, 4 C is about 40 F, cool but not bitter cold.

Ed

Scotland is lovely in summer or even late spring, but in winter it is chilly, damp, and dark because it is so far north! Right now in Edinburgh, daylight lasts from 8:30 am to 3:40 pm!

I am headed there in late May, so by then days will be extremely long and it will start to get a little warmer, hopefully.

Jackie,
We're so glad you both arrived safely and were not caught up in the latest concern over the 'new' Omicron strain of Covid. The UK seems ready to go back into lockdown :eek:
Me too 😀

I'm doubtful about a lockdown as I think they're doing all they can to avoid it. Not sure we can afford it economically.

Glad you arrived and rv is good... we store ours in Overton, from Late November to Jan..
When hubby decides he has had enough winter, hummmm 9 degrees today and 8 inches of snow... white Christmas is good.. but I would rather be south than freezing!

We started our travels yesterday. Drove south to Phoenix (what a nightmare the traffic there is, especially as we hit rush hour due to forgetting about the time difference). Steve spotted that there were no other RVs or trailers on the road. I said that's because no-one else is daft enough to travel at this time.

We are now camped in Usery Mountain State Park. We spent today seeing a friend and then driving the Apache Trail. It was beautiful. I am so glad we made the decision to come. My heart feels better.

jackiemac said: Drove south to Phoenix (what a nightmare the traffic there is, especially as we hit rush hour due to forgetting about the time difference).

I prefer to drive in Los Angeles rather than Phoenix. Phoenix is really insane.

jackiemac said: Drove south to Phoenix (what a nightmare the traffic there is, especially as we hit rush hour due to forgetting about the time difference).

It actually wasn't too gad just high volume slowing is down. There were a few breakdowns making it worse and of course a few people with a death wish who have obviously never towed anything.

I much prefer Phoenix. The couple of times I drove in the L A area it was a major headache, while Phoenix wasn't nearly as bad, though still congested at rush hour (Denver's not fun then, either). Granted that it's still a mess on the freeways, you should try driving across town on the surface streets -- even at rush hour (when I was there often, back a few years), the long, straight streets at 40-45 mph speed limits get you places fairly comfortably, and they're mostly laid out square, making navigation easy.

Back
Top Bottom